Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 Disc Changer & Bose Subwoofer Photos ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Disc Changer & Bose Subwoofer Photos ?

Does anyone have photos of the oem CD changer mounted in the boot of a UrS6 saloon or a UrS6 Avant ?

Any also photos of the Bose sub woofer mounted in either car ?

Thanks for any assistance.

Originally posted by UrS6 - IamS6 View Post
    Does anyone have photos of the oem CD changer mounted in the boot of a UrS6 saloon or a UrS6 Avant ? Any also photos of the Bose sub woofer mounted in either car ? Thanks for any assistance.
    I had a 98 C4 V6 A6 avant with the 6 disc purpose-built Alpine changer in the left cubby and OE Audi/BOSE subwoofer in the right cubby. Now I have a 94 S4 V8 avant which has the 10 disc Sony/Blaupunkt changer in the left cubby and Audi/Bose subwoofer in the right cubby. I will get photos of that later (still in my jammies Christmas morning here).

What I will say is the CD changers need special mounting brackets, different than the sedan brackets. The Sony/Blaupunkt also needs a magic silver transceiver box to interface the changer with the Gamma Bose head unit (via the MODE button). No silver box, no talkie. (Or singie or playie).
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Okay. Out my jammies. Out to the avant for some photos (See below). And yes I need to Hoover the boot area after my trip to the tip (transfer station) earlier in the week (despite the fact that I use a "box" tarp, there were still spill overs).

Attached Files

Comment

Dave, thanks for the Avant photos. Much appreciated. Hope you're having a relaxing Christmas.

Now just need to wait to see the Saloon photos if someone has any.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS6 - IamS6 View Post
          Now just need to wait to see the Saloon photos if someone has any.
          For the saloons, the CD changer goes in the right rear corner of the storage area. That is where the connection cable is hiding. There is an OE cover and the carpet had to be cut. Typically dealer installation, not factory.

Attached Files
          Last edited by UrS4boy; 25 December 2014, 23:47.

Comment

Working...
          X