No announcement yet.

concert radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will do, Glyn. Won't be for the next couple of days, as I only trial fitted, the type 89 dash is no longer in my car, as I am fitting the RS4 dash / facia into the car. I still have the original dash, though, so I'll just shove the Concert into the slot, snap it and post it here.
    HTH

Siena

Comment

how do you know if you have a type 89 dash
      skint but fast

Comment

Type 89 dash is standard dash fitted to all 80's and 90's from '87 - '91, all 80's (B4) from '91 - '95. It was fitted in all Coupes (inc. S2) from '88 - '96. In short, the dash in your car is a type 89 dash.
        HTH

Siena

Comment

I have managed to get a 6month old Chorus 2 head unit out of an A2. In this particular application the unit is the right size to fit our dash - just about 21cm wide. I think the TT is also the same size, but not A4, new A3, A8 etc. Make sure you check first.
          There is a Concert 2 from an A2 for sale on ebay at the moment:
          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2458561064&category=10 372
          This is essentially the same as the unit I have got, the only difference is the Chorus 2 is a casette tuner & the Concert 2 a cd tuner.
          If you are thinking of getting one - check out the for sale in Germany section of ebay - a lot to choose from and far cheaper - I paid £55 for mine & then £15 for postage.
          Now all I have got to do is sort out the wiring
          Glyn

Ex-Polar Silver RS2
          Sprint Blue RS4 - new toy :mischeif:

Comment

good luck with the wiring, when we got the s2 some b*ll*ck brain had messed with all the wiring so ours was a complete nightmare when youve done can you post a pic.
            cheers
            ps any body know whats involved in changing the aerial amplifier as all i get is a crappy hiss
            skint but fast

Comment

There are a couple of things to note when getting poor reception with a VAG bee-sting aerial:
              1) If you still have the original base unit for the aerial on the roof, make sure that there is power connected to the wire that runs with the aerial cable behind the head unit (this sometimes gets left off when the head unit is changed) it usually fairly easy to identify as it is bound together with the aerial co-ax cable.
              2) If the aerial base unit on the roof has been changed at sometime for a later one, the power feed to the amplifier is different in that it is sent up the aerial co-ax cable itself and not in a seperate wire ( with this you can't find anything to attach the seperate wire to at the base unit). This is often done as the later type base unit as fitted to all later Golfs, Polos etc is much cheaper. You then need a special adaptor to fit behind the head unit, see:
              http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/focus.php3?partno=PC552

Hopefully, this should help you get your radio reception back.
              Glyn

Ex-Polar Silver RS2
              Sprint Blue RS4 - new toy :mischeif:

Comment

The concert ll doesn't fit. Its about 6-8mm to wide to fit comfortably. I am going to cut some material from the lateral edges, there is enough space there.
                Last edited by horvathg; 8 February 2005, 18:58.
                Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Hi
                  I am very interessed on knowing what Concert Audi HU type I could fit on my rs2 to. I want to get a radio from audi original, with those red lightening etc etc... by the whay does RS2 came oficialy with any Audi HeadUnit? witch one?

I noticed that the edges os the dashboard looks that can be removed, the iside is a standad DIN - I have currently a Kenwood on there.
                  Regarded also that Concert head units have those edges out... so it only need to know if the real Head Unit size part that fits inside dashboard has standard DIN radio size.

Comment

Originally posted by RS2.pt
                    Hi
                    I am very interessed on knowing what Concert Audi HU type I could fit on my rs2 to. I want to get a radio from audi original, with those red lightening etc etc... by the whay does RS2 came oficialy with any Audi HeadUnit? witch one?

I noticed that the edges os the dashboard looks that can be removed, the iside is a standad DIN - I have currently a Kenwood on there.
                    Regarded also that Concert head units have those edges out... so it only need to know if the real Head Unit size part that fits inside dashboard has standard DIN radio size.
                    I have just gone Blaupunkt mp3 with display you can configure to match dash lighting and in my case a nice RS blue on/off button that matches the alcantara colour or in your case the exterior as well
                    Alastair
                    RS2

Comment

Working...
                    X