Cd Payer Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cd Payer Help!!!

my new pioneer deh-p7600mp is turning on and i will have sound for about 1 minute, then the sound just cuts out immediatly . but if i shut it off and turn it back on it will do the same thing. does anyone have any idea what might be the problem. thanks
    Last edited by puppetman; 17 March 2005, 21:59.

It's objecting to your tastes in music
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

it has to like rammstein. its german tooo.

Comment

Are you running through amps? i had this problem and it was that the head unit couldn't supply enough ampage on the remote out to drive the amplied aerial and sub amps.

Comment

no im just hooking it up to the stock setup. i also have the acc. and the power both hooked to the v+, could this do it? that it is pulling more that what can be supplied there.

Comment

have you checked for a short in any of your speaker cables causing the stereo's amp protection to kick in
            Nautic Blue UR-Quattro RS2spec ABY20v kkk26/27 hybrid,Bremsport Brake Kit n some other Gubbins.water injection. Mihnea tuned Management The old Bus
            0-60 4.9
            1/4mile 13.5

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy
              have you checked for a short in any of your speaker cables causing the stereo's amp protection to kick in
              Thats my next check, disconnect the speakers and try them connect 1 by 1 adding 1 more at a time.

Comment

thanks guys and ill let you know how it goes. thanks :cheers: . this forum is the best thing thats come my way for my car.

Comment

had the same prob with my rockford head unit - turns out to be short in the wiring not allowing a full current through - hence cutting on and orff.
                  imster.

Comment

well the power stays on just lose sound. i tinkered with it and now it plays longer, but now it fades out (the sound) but stays on. so i think its a power issue. where can i tap into so i can get power strait to the HU. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by puppetman
                      well the power stays on just lose sound. i tinkered with it and now it plays longer, but now it fades out (the sound) but stays on. so i think its a power issue. where can i tap into so i can get power strait to the HU. thanks
                      Hi Puppetman, I have a 1990 20V CQ coupe and I have taken the power straight from a spare spade terminal on the underside of the fuse box. This supply is not protected and so you will have to fit a fuse. I connected 6mm cable to it and connected the earth direct to an earth point near the passenger door.

HTH
                      David

Comment

See what input voltage you are getting to the stereo (use a multimeter), i have done a car before where the supply was taken after a resistor and the voltage was 10 volts and this would trigger the stereo's battery saver and shut down.
                        HTH
                        Graham
                        Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Try putting another quater in, according to the thread title it should help!
                          Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

funny beetie . i was kinda in PO because this of my old HU just crapped out on me. so anyways thanks all for the help and support I figured it out. it was partly shorting out and also the voltage in was not enough. thanks for everything.
                            gotta love this forum.

Comment

Working...
                            X