Apple IOS 10.1 and Audi MMI problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple IOS 10.1 and Audi MMI problem

Hi - please has anyone got any thoughts on a prob I'm having with the latest Apple IOS 10.1 update for iphone6?

My phone used to connect seemlessly to my Audi A5 MMI system by bluetooth for handsfree use...

But since the latest Apple IOS update, it no longer stays connected..it just ditches the connection after a few minutes.

So I no longer have effective bluetooth handsfree !!

(I can manually make the phone connect to the car bluetooth..but it drops the connection again a few minutes later)
    (and yes I have deleted the phone from the car's bluetooth list and re-connected etc and no change)

Any thoughts please??

P
    SOLD !

I haven't done the latest update yet. Does it make a difference if your phone is kept on charge? Wonder if it is dropping the connection to save power
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Hmmmm not tried it while plugged into power, I'll give it a go.

It does sometimes take longer to drop the connection.. maybe 15-20 minutes on some journeys.

It never used to do it (had the car and phone working together for about six months before this).

Annoying this is is doesn't event re-connect when there's an incoming call... so the first you know is the phone's ringing and the BT is not connected.
      SOLD !

Comment

Might be worth checking your MMI software version. I have iOS 10.1 and it works fine with my A6, which probably uses the same MMI.
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Working...
        X