No announcement yet.

In Car Hard Drive MP3 player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Topic: you got the linky right. Changing the disk is easy but you have to select the right one. The MStation (which is dentical to the Rio one that you talked of originally) can only only supply limited power. Best drive would be something like the Hitachi/IBM E7K60 which is a 60Gb laptop drive which you can mount in with a simple adaptor kit. This unit is very fast and doesn't sonsume as much power as 3.5" drives. My MStation is going second hand if you want one....

Off Topic: my RS4 disks are shafted. They were going blue and cracking and must have been consistently hitting 700 C+. Guess they couldn't cope with my punishing driving style. Supplying pukka bits or kits are not a problem but I would not fit the RS4 disks. Fit the best available as you're gonna need it for the horses you are talking about. Ditch the stereo since your not going to hear it anyway! Mine will have to go eventually. Think of all that extra mass you can carry around with all that ICE. I am starting to think about taking mass out of mine: air con etc.
    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

PM me a price for your Mstation Lee.

The brakes would be nice - I will warp/crack mine first - I will then come knocking on your door.
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Working...
      X