No announcement yet.

Steering slack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers for suggestions. Might even sneak out work just now, and disable the Servotronic Gonna check bolts and tyre pressures too. What pressure would folks recommend?

Comment

@DM80 - servotronic only existed on the 3B models by the way, do you have a 3B or the later ABY? If you've got a 3B, you should disconnect it anyway, one of the best upgrades you can do!

I ran my 17"s at 34-36psi.
      Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_b View Post
        @DM80 - servotronic only existed on the 3B models by the way, do you have a 3B or the later ABY? If you've got a 3B, you should disconnect it anyway, one of the best upgrades you can do!

I ran my 17"s at 34-36psi.
        Disconnected it last night.. wow what a difference! No more understeer, and I reckon after a few days getting used to it I'll not even notice the heavier steering. I should've done this mod ages ago... it really does take all of 1 minute.

However this didn't completely solve my problem of dodgy steering - took it to the garage to check tyre pressures - every fackin tyre was different ranging from 48 - 68!! PSI - I'd bought a wheel/tyre package, and they'd fcked up everything with the deal.. so no real surprise here.. idiots!! Car handles spot on now, and looks the dugs danglies with the S4 17"s - just need The Pars to hump the Celts now in next weeks cup final

Comment

68psi, blimey was that a cold pressure too? lucky you didn't have a blow-out - phew!
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Different pressures ranging from 48-68psi? That's almost negligent on the part of the fitters - that's appalling. As mentioned above, that could easily have promoted a blow-out at high speed/ high temps. What pressure are they all at now?

The servotronic disconnect mod is one of the best you can do to the 3B in my opinion! Why on Earth Audi decided to bother with it in the first place is beyond me - it's clear they saw the error of their ways when they did the ABY version! Trust me you won't notice the heavier parking speed steering after a day or so - it's just now normal power steering.

17s work nicely on the S2. What style of wheels do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_b View Post
              Different pressures ranging from 48-68psi? That's almost negligent on the part of the fitters - that's appalling. As mentioned above, that could easily have promoted a blow-out at high speed/ high temps. What pressure are they all at now?
              The people in the company I dealt with I'm sure are all retarded. Missing caps, spacers, then wrong caps, wrong spacers - no locking nuts.. calling me a liar.. tyres blown up just shy of blowing the feckers up.. blah blah.. oh aye.. wrong tyres fitted. The company is DPS Motorsport in Ayrshire. Facking imbeciles.

The servotronic disconnect mod is one of the best you can do to the 3B in my opinion! Why on Earth Audi decided to bother with it in the first place is beyond me - it's clear they saw the error of their ways when they did the ABY version! Trust me you won't notice the heavier parking speed steering after a day or so - it's just now normal power steering.
              It's a no-brainer mod if you ask me. I can't believe I've been driving around for two years ******** it when the steering twitches more than a nervous birdwatcher when belting round corners..

17s work nicely on the S2. What style of wheels do you have?
              Yep.. after all the grief from these idiots I'm quite chuffed with the actual wheels... Avus S4 17" reps

Comment

What tyres are you running?
                They sound like a dreadful outfit, glad to hear you're still in one piece after that lot!

Comment

Working...
                X