Kw coilovers v3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kw coilovers v3

Hi there, wondering if you lovely lot could be of assistance, I'm looking at buying a set of kw v3 coilovers over the weekend, but I'm a little weary on the weight choices

There's​​​​​​ -950 and 950 - 1100 axle weight ratings. Being a 92 3b s2 coupe which one is advised? The vehicle will be given a hard time both on track and the strip so want to make the correct choice as you can imagine.

Using the search option I managed to find a suggestion to go for the heavier option then switch the front springs with the rear. Just wondering if anyone has any further opinions

Thanks

you need a place to set up your setup.. its no use of buying v3 and not getting the best of it.. so contact kw for local shop

Comment

The car will be corner weighted etc in future. Just need some advice from people's previous experiences

Comment

There's a lot of info here
        https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...ometry?t=73402

and ask Albert on the forum here
        1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
        2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
        2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

People who are only using the car on the streets typically go for the lower weights, to keep the ride more compliant.

Those who want the most performance tend to opt for the heavier springs and then switch fronts to rear (and vice versa), to aid with handling. Word is, reversing the springs helps reduce understeer and promotes throttle-on oversteer.

Hope this helps.
          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
          2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
          2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
          1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
          1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Thanks very much for the help people. Have spoken to a few people including Albert who was recommended. Think I'm going to go for the heavier springs then play around with the springs and settings.

Will be ordering these tomorrow, going to be an expensive day out!

Comment

there is a private sell on german ebay kleinanzeigen. he takes offers and maby has paypal
              https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-...43104-223-5556

Comment

My boss gets discount, there's also an added discount which ends Monday. Getting them for 1290 delivered, I think it will be difficult to beat that

Comment

wow thats cheap for a v3

Comment

Working...
                  X