No announcement yet.

Advice on pipe from the steering rack needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat the copper washers up with a torch and they will be good as new (soft again)...

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...r-Washers.aspx

Comment

Yep could heat them but with it being such a pain to get at will fit all new copper seals and hydraulic hoses.

Should have the pipes done before the weekend. That will give me two days to refit the pipes and Turbo

Comment

All new pipes, clamps, banjo bolt with washers and Tee piece silver soldered.

Fitted today all ok.

Leak test in two weeks after the RS2 turbo has been fitted.

Comment

Hey there Orsum - good progress....
          Where did you source the banjo bolt? I've got a problem with the banjo bolt that is on the power steering pump , I messed it up when replacing the X plug on the pump.
          TIA

Comment

Any brake shop should have them.

I got mine from a small place in Stanger called Elite, the guys name is Alan +TD PPP 9556 the guys at work advised he would help with the pipes etc, I would never have found him by myself.

Comment

Thanx Orsum - I'll try a few more places here - I only need the bolt, which has some kind of filter in it......the 2 power steering places I've tried, said agents only
              Cheers

Comment

The gauze is not essential, if your system is clean. There is a filter gauze in the tank. Its just an 18x1.5 banjo bolt really
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Thank you Error404 - that does help.......I thought the gauze and little hole in the bolt served a specific purpose - so thought bes to get the same.
                  Fortunately another RS2 owner here has a spare, so getting it from him. Hopefully I don't mess it up this time. I think I messed up the bolt, when replacing the X plug

Comment

Originally posted by Mr G
                    Thank you Error404 - that does help.......I thought the gauze and little hole in the bolt served a specific purpose - so thought bes to get the same.
                    Fortunately another RS2 owner here has a spare, so getting it from him. Hopefully I don't mess it up this time. I think I messed up the bolt, when replacing the X plug
                    So replaced the bolt - and guess what it continued leaking, removed the bolt and the threads are damaged again - see pic. My dilemma is how do I clean the threads on the pump, which I assume is damaging the bolt, without dropping any metal filings into the pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Apologies Orsum for contaminating your thread with my issues - I will understand if you delete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No problem carry on

Comment

Just an update - managed to get a generic banjo bolt 10x1 BTW, without the filter in it. I cleaned the threads on the pump, put in the new bolt and no leaks I still need to do a pro longed drive and some stop go traffic to fully test. THANX for the advise, input and help - much appreciated.
                          Orsum - apologies once again for railroading your thread

Comment

Looking forward to a weekend drive one of these days

Comment

Working...
                            X