Koni shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koni shocks

I just bought a set to fit the rs2. Upon opening the boxes I noticed that I can push the rods of the shocks in and out and there is no rebound. Is that normal?

I put Koni's to my Rs2, Do you have same: 86-2086SPD2 (front) ; 8210-1160Sport (rear) ?

Comment

You need to cycle the piston in and out full stroke a few times to bleed them
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

yes the same.

looking at a few forums I noticed that they do appear to work that way.
        do the fronts adjust with a knob or by pressing fully down?

for the rear I suppose you adjust them but you can't do that again once fitted without dismantling as the adjuster area lies within the tube

also noticed the front are internally adjustable only
        Last edited by A80Avant; 16 March 2018, 14:31.

Comment

Front ones pressed fully down, and turn clockwise (firmer). Rear ones could adjust/turn with metal pin and turn counter clockwise (firmer)
          Maybe this helps: http://www.koni.com/en-US/Cars/Techn...stment-Guides/
          Both ones adjustable externally.
          Last edited by jax1; 16 March 2018, 15:07.

Comment

Stock springs

-1.5F -1.0R

H&R springs

-1.0F -0.5R

Where

-x.x = counter clockwise turns from fully hard (wound in clockwise).

F = Front

R = Rear

Looking at this am I reading something wrong or getting a mind freeze?

for the rears and stock springs, am I turning first fully counter clockwise to fully firm then -1.0 turn (ie 360deg) to get the above setting?

On the contrary, the fronts are first turned fully clockwise to reach fully firm and then -1.5 counterclockwise?

Comment

Working...
            X