Alignment specs for mostly track use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment specs for mostly track use

anyone got any tried and tested alignment data for S2 coupe? Car is going to be used for track/hard road use. I was thing of using stock toe settings, but adding an extra 1 deg of -ve camber front and rear??
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Im also looking into this atm too. There was some good discussion from Rusty and Error404 on it https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...nsion-geometry
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I would recommend getting offset subframe bushes to allow you to gain maximum castor angle on the front. Certainly makes a big difference. Good bang for buck ratio
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
        I would recommend getting offset subframe bushes to allow you to gain maximum castor angle on the front. Certainly makes a big difference. Good bang for buck ratio
        How do they shift the subframe?

Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

They allow you to fix the subframe farther forward in relation to the chassis/subframe bolt locations. This allows a greater castor angle between the top mount and bottom ball joint on the wishbones. Best used in conjunction with offset top mounts which move the top of the strut back in relation to their standard mounting position.
          91 Modded 3B
          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Working...
          X