No announcement yet.

Rs2 alignment done still pulling right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rs2 alignment done still pulling right.

Just had the tracking done on my s2 and the steering is great except it pulls to the left. As it did before I took it in. Only when I take my hands off the wheel on dead centre. Can anyone help? I checked specs etc and they’re bang on. Does something need adjusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should run true unless there's camber on the road. If anything was out of alignment, you would have thought it would have shown up on the machine. Did you have a full four wheel alignment or just the front wheels?
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Might sound daft but are tyre pressures correct? Brakes binding?

Comment

Most UK roads have a slight camber to the left for drainage. If you can find a very flat surface it should not pull either way and needs to go back.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

This is a definite pull to the left. It was a four wheel alignment.

Maybe I’ll check the brakes but I hadn’t noticed anything.

Could it be anything to do with the steering wheel and something in the steering rack?

Comment

Do you have the finished print out to share? Might help us understand what the specs are as certainly something is not in spec to drag left over and above road camber. Could be a worn bushing but would expect that would cause any setting up to go in and out of spec each time they adjusted onther things.
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Ap83,

Hi sir, did you find that there was in fact a suspension &/or alignment issue; or was it simply road crown?

Comment

It still pulls. I think it could be the brakes or the steering damper. Need it on a ramp to check both and I haven’t got round to it yet. I’ll take a photo of the print out ASAP.

Comment

Who is doing the checking for you and which alignment machine are they using?

Comment

Bit confusing as I'm not sure if its pulling to the left or right or whether its an RS2 or S2!
                    If its an RS2 on its original brake calipers then its highly likely the calipers are suffering from corrosion of the brake pad guides. You would need to remove the wheels to take a good look. Here's a good explanation:
                    http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/9..._platelift.htm

Of course if its an S2 the brakes on whatever side its pulling to could have issues.

Comment

Also check the lower ball joints are properly tightened
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
                      X