Uprated Silicone CV boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uprated Silicone CV boots

Does anyone know if there is availability to purchase uprated CV boots for all corners that would eliminate or increase their lifespan?

The stretchy universal type are made from neoprene as far as I know...…….should last a while .

Comment

Oem brands Gkn / lobro rubber boots seem to last a while, how long do you seem reasonable? I'm sure. My rears are over 15 years old and fronts although new only are because I got new joints that came with boots.

I'm not sure silicone would have the right properties to be honest. If they are available and made in the same way as the hoses, they would have layers of cord reinforcement ply within them and I can't see that being as pliable as just rubber.

Quality natural rubber is best for me.

Comment

It appears that after a full under body rebuild 2 years ago I have found to have changed 2 or 3 of the rears and yet another one needs changing again. Lobro as well which makes me think that these may be old stock and the rubber more britle

Comment

Fake. Genuine GKN will do 100k+ miles
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Are you driving on gravel roads or perhaps pavement with loose stones on top?

Comment

No, just normal roads with plenty potholes.

One thing is that the exhaust is coming close to the one that has perished again but we do have a makeshift shield for that one

Comment

i saw somebody using silicone ones but kinda expensive and dont know it it does make sence
                https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-...04278-223-7596

Comment

That is what I was looking for

Comment

Working...
                  X