Lower or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower or not?

Right after going to the goodwood meet and lookin at other coupe pictures i think my rear is a little high, Its ment to have H&R Springs but i have my doubts. The front is very low sat on bright green H&R springs but the rears are red.

Can you guys just cast your eyes over these pics for me please

Cheers James

Chef

The S2 Coupe H&R springs should be bright blue

29939 VA for the fronts and 29939 HA for the rears

Comment

Fronts look fine, the rear does look a little high though, my rear was definitely sitting pretty snug. My H&R set were all blue. What shocks are you using?
      AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Mine are H&R and if anything it sits slightly lower on the back! There was a few pics on here of us all at the goodwood meet but they all got lost during the down time or 'black december' as its now being refered to
        Ragusa Coupe gone!
        sigpic
        VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
        VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
        vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

I have a set of advant h&r's on the front (Bright green) and the rears are God knows........???

Any one got a set of rears for sale??

Ross they are konis with alloy top mounts.
          Chef

Comment

For what it's worth I have HR 'green' springs on my car (now red as I refurbed them) and it definately sits lower at back I am seriously considering putting the standard springs back on and keeping the car as it left the factory.
            You might leave the S2 fold every so often - but you'll always come back!

Comment

If mine are salvageable at the rear I'll sell them as a set. Not sure they will be though.

I do know where you can buy rears - they were 47+vat each when i bought mine I@ll dig out the receipt if you like, think it was Motor Sport World tho.

Cheers
              Ross

Comment

cheers Ross that would be very good of you,
                Chef

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                  If mine are salvageable at the rear I'll sell them as a set. Not sure they will be though.

Cheers
                  Ross

The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post

**** me,

Is there any more pics?
                    Chef

Comment

cheers Fatty!

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20011

Scroll to the bottom of the page for a 'rear view'.. I haven't taken any pics but I wouldn't be surprised if I few more make their way up here.

Actually you'd be shocked as to what is salvageable from this car, I doubt the rear passenger spring is TBH but then the strut is sat right where it should be - it sheared off at the bottom, allowing the wheel to fold under like bond's submarine-lotus thingy

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                        cheers Fatty!

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20011

Scroll to the bottom of the page for a 'rear view'.. I haven't taken any pics but I wouldn't be surprised if I few more make their way up here.

Actually you'd be shocked as to what is salvageable from this car, I doubt the rear passenger spring is TBH but then the strut is sat right where it should be - it sheared off at the bottom, allowing the wheel to fold under like bond's submarine-lotus thingy
                        Sorry!

I guess the other pics are hidden in someone elses thread....

IMO I would not use and structural suspension components again...

Cheers.

Fatty.
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                        X