Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sub frame bushings

hello,

Well I am looking for new sub frame bushings for my fathers car. Being in the US I have only found the stock ones which are insanely high in price( I can buy 996tt brakes almost for the cost of 2 sub frames worth) and 034 motorsports aluminum ones. My dad really doesn\'t track the car nor does he really abuse it much, but he does drive it on some rather crappy high speed roads so he needs new ones. He would like something stiffer then stock, but not aluminum stiff. Any BTDT or suggestions?

Thanks
    Sean
    Sean
    91 CQ Elanor 1.9L compound Turbo build. Fully built internals, full race oval port head, custom race cam. GT2256v and hy35 in compounds.

Ali is the way to go you won't notice any undue harshness but will notice a huge improvemnet in the way the car feels,

iain

Comment

aren\'t the alu bushings the ones that cuase problems with the subframes cracking? also I thought the addition of alu sub frame bushings along with delrin control arm bushings mad for a lot more vibration in the chassis.

I am still considering it for my street rodded coupe, but my dad who needs bushings for his car really doesn\'t need the ALU ones. Is the $80 USd (41 GBP or 62 euro) the going rate for these things from the factory there? I am just amazed that the dealer wants more then a used 996tt caliper for 8 bushings.
      Sean
      91 CQ Elanor 1.9L compound Turbo build. Fully built internals, full race oval port head, custom race cam. GT2256v and hy35 in compounds.

Comment

Originally posted by v8 coupe View Post
        aren\'t the alu bushings the ones that cuase problems with the subframes cracking? also I thought the addition of alu sub frame bushings along with delrin control arm bushings mad for a lot more vibration in the chassis.

I am still considering it for my street rodded coupe, but my dad who needs bushings for his car really doesn\'t need the ALU ones. Is the $80 USd (41 GBP or 62 euro) the going rate for these things from the factory there? I am just amazed that the dealer wants more then a used 996tt caliper for 8 bushings.
        Sean I have not overhauled my suspension yet but here is a rundown of what I plan to use. This is for a daily driver and occasional track car. I

seam welded subframe w/solid aluminum bushes
        OEM rubber control arm bushes, seam weld stamped arms in rear
        mance pro mounts

I think this should be a good compromise between oem comfort and a more responsive drivetrain.

Then you will have to figure what diff,tranny,engine,snub mounts you want to carry on with
        Cheers mis amigos,
        _Anton

Comment

forgot to mention that I do not know which mounts I will use for the diff/tranny/engine yet. 034 has some really nice stuff, and there are some nice uprated OEM RS4 mounts that do the trick too but they need slight modifying. I have some time before I decided so in that period I hope to see some solutions and experiences from others and the tuners
          Cheers mis amigos,
          _Anton

Comment

Working...
          X