S2 Coupe rear bump stops help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Coupe rear bump stops help needed

I am overhauling the front and rear shocks (Koni sport shocks using the standard springs) I am also doing the top mounts with stop strut modification on my 1995 S2 Coupe ABY.

While doing this I was going to replace the bump stops but I cannot find any information on the rear bump stops except the part number.

The part number for the rear bump stop is 857412131A which is NLA.

I was planning on using the front bump stop on the rear. My understanding is the front and rear suspension are basically the same.

Can anybody share some info on the rear bump stop?

895412131 Front bump stop

857412131A Rear bump stop
    Last edited by orsum; 1 August 2019, 08:29. Reason: corrected rear bump stop part number

Originally posted by orsum View Post
    I was planning on using the front bump stop ... 895412131
    Pretty much NLA too.

I could only imagine non-s2 audi 80 893412131 with manual hole enlargement or large chassis audi 445412131/4A0412131 stops. It may come out not so good, need a try.

Comment

I have two 895412131 front bump stop spares in my garage.

Is there any reason these cannot be used on the rear shocks?
      Last edited by orsum; 31 July 2019, 14:01.

Comment

These Mapco 34882 fit: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Colesy are you saying the front bump stops will not fit the rear.

Comment

Have you already got the shocks?... Bilstein B6 uses internal bump stops so there will never be any troubles finding replacements for the rotted foam rubber parts you are having trouble finding now...

Of little help if you already have the shocks of course

Comment

I already have new Koni sport shocks and will be using the standard springs

Comment

Sorry should be clear these fit the OEM Boge struts. Pretty sure the fronts were the same diameter as the rears. Not sure whether the Konis have the same diameter or not.

Comment

The front and rear bump stops have the same diameter, the front bump stop fits the rear Koni shock. Not sure if there is a length difference between the front and rear bump stops.

Anybody have a rear bump stop they can measure the length.

Comment

Correction rear bump stop part number is 857412131A

Still looking for two original.

Comment

Working...
                    X