Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urq Suspension Dimensions

2PQLZGx.png

I managed to find a high-res version of this image (http://www.kvquattro.com/1987Audi400...ttroFrame.html) but I'm not entirely sure I'm reading it correctly.

Do the "Note: Parts Removed" denote the distance from the datum line to the unibody mounting point itself? By that I mean, if I was building a chassis jig without the subframes, my distances from the datum line should be: 194/156 (front) and 179/211 (rear)

I believe this is correct but would like confirmation because I'm having trouble feeling confident in my gut-check subframe measurements.

Thank you in advance!

-Shawn

That is how i read it yes - one dimension to the mounting surface with subframe removed. One to the bolt head with subframe fitted.
    Makes sense to allow a chassis straightness check without stripping the entire running gear.

Out of interest, does anyone have anything like this for the Type89 or B4?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

HI Alex, these may be of some help to you. Unfortunately I can't remember if these are B3 or B4 drawings.
      chassis_1.jpgchassis_2.jpg

Comment

Brilliant thanks
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

When you see it drawn up like that, there's no wonder that they flex so much when you jack them up!

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            That is how i read it yes - one dimension to the mounting surface with subframe removed. One to the bolt head with subframe fitted.
            Makes sense to allow a chassis straightness check without stripping the entire running gear.

Out of interest, does anyone have anything like this for the Type89 or B4?
            Awesome, thank you! Agreed that it does make sense on being able to check straightness with the subframes in place.

Now I just need to confirm that the difference between the front of the quattro and FWD Coupe GT/4000s is all in the bushings as the drawing for those cars does not provide the "Parts Removed" measurements. The bushings are visually different but I'll measure and confirm tonight.

Comment

Working...
            X