Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM style diff mount orientation

Alright guys,

What orientation does this diff mount get fitted in? I'm removing the powerflex one as not getting on with it.

Cheers
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

No need gents, this part does not fit a coupe. Darn!! I ordered part number 171 199 214G which I thought was the right part, however it is too big. Instead i removed the power flex bush and drilled more holes. Only done 15 miles so far but I can notice it is not as harsh as it was previously. So far so good.

If this is of any use to someone to drop me a line.

Cheers

Comment

For reference, the mount is 63mm for the diff, the one you have is ~74mm, so no wonder it didn't fit!

Correct one is: 171 199 214 D

Only one letter different, you can be let off for that one

Comment

Even the 63mm mount will come with the hole offset whereas the original mount (now unobtainable) had the hole in the middle. Fortunately the subframe has the hole for the mounting bolt elongated in the horizontal plane so you want to press the new 63mm mount in so the offset is horizontal to the centre. In my case I offset it to the rear of the car so it stayed within the bounds of the subframe slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
          For reference, the mount is 63mm for the diff, the one you have is ~74mm, so no wonder it didn't fit!

Correct one is: 171 199 214 D

Only one letter different, you can be let off for that one
          Haha in my haste to get one ordered I didn't do enough research. I'll add it to my pile of spares I've ordered and never used for one reason or another.

I'll see how I get on with the drilled power flex, I may find it a decent compromise, it was just far too harsh in it's original form!

Comment

Working...
          X