S2 Coupe Rear Tie Rods Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Coupe Rear Tie Rods Question

I'm currently in the middle of replacing as much of my S2s suspension as possible, as its all fairly worn out. I got part numbers for the rear tie rods from a parts diagram website and order some. I reckon I've gone and ordered the wrong ones. One of them looks correct, but the other is shorter. When I checked the parts diagram website, it had two identical part numbers just with different letters on the end (893501499A and 893501499B). The B tie rod is the longer one and appears to be correct. The parts diagram website didn't specify the difference between the A and B part number so I just assumed left and right.

Can anyone confirm which is the correct arm for my S2? Its a 1995 S2 Coupe. Pics below.

YJJPvD5.jpg
    nyz5G6n.jpg

Jamie,

The top one in your 1st photo. The P/N of the longer one you need ends in 'B'. As you may have guessed by now by looking at both of yours in situ, they are not handed L & R. The later cars with the Rr ARB had these longer inner ends on the rods, as the inner mounting points were moved inboard on the sub-frame to accommodate the ARB, and the displaced and wider brackets also provide ARB mount attachment. See also the dates listed here:

https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+co.../501-501020/#1

You may be able to transfer parts back and forth to get your old long end, new bush and its' metal core all on your new short 'A' rod, if your stuck finding another.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.I should be able to return this short one and order a new one in the meantime to keep things going.

Gives me some time to start fitting up the front end parts and coilovers.
      Last edited by JamieOS; 19 March 2021, 07:06.

Comment

Working...
      X