Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just done ALL bushes and top mounts ++ Cant believe the difference!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just done ALL bushes and top mounts ++ Cant believe the difference!!

Holy sh**

Finally got round to fitting a load of new parts at the weekend and it has transformed the car

New top mounts all round.
    New ARB bushes front and rear
    New tranny bushes (fitted a while back)
    New rear diff bushes (one of them was TOTALLY fooked!!)
    New drop links front and rear
    New ball joints
    2 new tyres and a new alloy due to sheffields potholes
    Full 4 wheel alignment

Cant believe the difference to the car All shunt is totally gone..solid as a rock. And it now handles sooo much better. Top mounts were not too bad but the difference is very noticeable.

Also, I got to the bottom of the cars slowness problem!! Fitted Samco instead of that crappy accordion and after much worked out the "MTM" chip I had was for a higher spec of S2 (different turbo etc)
    Got a proper new set of chips and the car properly flies like it should well happy. 18 psi max and no boost leaks.

think maybe a set of bilsteins and whiteline ARBs might be the next thing to improve handling?? Whats the recommended combination??

I dont want to lower the car as its hard enough running on 19's!
    Last edited by s2dude; 15 February 2007, 18:52.

Makes a massive difference, just finished doing that myself, only took 2.5 years!!!

Enjoy

RS2 FARB and Whiteline RARB is the tried and tested route but be warned that the RS2 FARB has more than doubled in price in the last 6 months £200+ now.

I'm running Koni adjustables with standard springs and standard ARBs

Advantages are that the car goes over speed bumps and there's no rubbing on the 16s and the handling is better than standard

However, you get all of the harshness of heavy damping and none of the advantages of the stiffer springs

I would have thought that Bilstein dampers and standard springs would be the same. IMHO, worth trying the lowering springs first and see if you can live with them as the dampers on their own won't deliver much more than a replacement set of OEM. If you don't like the springs then they'll sell pretty quickly on here I'm sure!
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Cheers Andy
      I thought that some forum folk had used Bilsteins to good effect with standard springs though??
      Im not going to try lowered springs because I ran them on another car and I didnt like living with them on a daily driver...Though handling was superb!
      My local roads are bad enough without grinding out on every speedbump and pothole!!!

Do whiteline not do a front ARB as well?

Comment

Originally posted by s2dude View Post

Do whiteline not do a front ARB as well?
        I imagine they could well make one soon, has anyone asked them to make one?

If they know there is a market then they may consider it....

David

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect View Post
          If they know there is a market then they may consider it....

David

Message sent using a feedback form at www.whiteline.com.au
          David

Comment

Cheers Andy
            I thought that some forum folk had used Bilsteins to good effect with standard springs though??
            Yes! I love the Billys and standard springs combo. Attack any B Road as fast as you like with no bottoming out or taking off

Cheers,

Steve.
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect View Post
              Message sent using a feedback form at www.whiteline.com.au
              David
              Just had a response from Whiteline regarding a new Farb to replace the RS2 item.

Lets wait and see if they can help.

David

Comment

nice work David

Originally posted by FatAudi80
                Yes! I love the Billys and standard springs combo. Attack any B Road as fast as you like with no bottoming out or taking off

Cheers,

Steve.
                Cheers Steve...I knew that somebody was running this combo
                Sounds perfect to me. Nothing worse than grounding out on speed bumps constantly on the sh1tty roads round me!!!!

OEM ride height all the way for me

Comment

nice work David
                  Thanks, seemed like the obvious thing to do.

If you don't ask Santa for presents he won't bring them.

Did taht make any sense?

keep up the good work.

David

Comment

Working...
                  X