KW V1 dampers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KW V1 dampers

I currently have KW V1 coilovers on my coupe and the front dampers have failed resulting in zero rebound damping. I've emailed KW for a price for new ones, but is there anything else that fits? They currently have AL-KO sport dampers in, but they've lasted less than 10k miles.
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

You could do worse than contacting Gaz Shocks. They make their own dampers, but offer great advice without necessarily pushing their own products.
    Whereabouts are you located?
    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Iv had three fail and the car has only done 4K since fitted had 2 done this week £137 each they won’t supply them you have to send to Race room aka KW. dampers are £90.75 + vat £15.00 + vat labour and £8.50 Rtn postage £137.10 total and I’ve replaced a main spring £75 total stripped down one of the struts today before refitting and they are still using al-Ko which in my opinion are crap for the money we paid for these Al-Ko make caravan chassis’s. when the rear left goes which will be sooner rather than later I’m going to source an alternative I kept the old damper’s so I can compare.

Comment

I've already had a reply from KW and they've quoted me £900 for 2 complete front struts I've emailed them back explaining that I only need the dampers, lets see what they say.

I've tried contacting AL-KO ( makers of Caravan and trailer dampers ) in the UK and they won't even talk to you unless you have a trade account, so I've emailed them in Germany!

I was hoping that the struts would take a standard damper but they've made them much smaller, so nothing from Koni or Bilstein will fit.
        sigpic

Comment

Looks like we’re foobard then makes you think why they would use **** damper’s and charge £1200 makes you think if they use the same in their v3’s

Comment

Originally posted by bilko0795 View Post
            Looks like we’re foobard then makes you think why they would use **** damper’s and charge £1200 makes you think if they use the same in their v3’s
            What was the issue with your dampers?

I've taken both mine off today and they're both the same, rattle like a kids toy and have zero rebound damping.

sigpic

Comment

Both damper’s same as yours

Comment

well, that's put paid to the question of whether to go KW or stick with Billie's . I realised today my B6 have been on the car since 2003 and have worked flawlessly in that time.
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                  well, that's put paid to the question of whether to go KW or stick with Billie's . I realised today my B6 have been on the car since 2003 and have worked flawlessly in that time.
                  Bodes well for the set of four I just fitted to my CQ20V!

Comment

Hopefully I now have a solution for this, will update this in a few weeks when new parts arrive
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X