Changing a leaky pas pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing a leaky pas pipe

Hi I'm going to be changing a power steering pipe from the rack along the back of the engine up and over the rocker cover to the pump on my coupe...anything I need to know .
    bleeding air etc
    Cheers

Other than access to the rack there's no specific procedure after fitting. Add a bit of PAS fluid to the system, start the car and turn the wheels repeatedly from lock to lock. The air will be driven out of the system after a short time. You will hear it go quiet when fully purged of air.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Worth changing the fluid if it hasn't been done. Make sure you use green mineral oil. As Steve says, system is self bleeding. If you can raise the front wheels to do the lock to lock, puts less strain on things. There is a filter in the reservoir that's worth cleaning out while your at it.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Access to the rack end can be a pain. There is a way to depressurise the circuit but cant exactly remember how. Worth flushing the old fluid out if it has been there a while. Check the banjo fitting filters for debris too and clean.
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
          Access to the rack end can be a pain. There is a way to depressurise the circuit but cant exactly remember how. Worth flushing the old fluid out if it has been there a while. Check the banjo fitting filters for debris too and clean.
          I think Jamesey has a 2.6 so no bomb.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

I think Jamesey has a 2.6 so no bomb.
            Definitely got a bomb under the battery area mate

Comment

Ah, ok. Then as above, there is a screen on the banjo on the bomb that gets dirty. Before you remove anything, press the brake pedal 20 times with engine off to release the pressure in the system. Just done all this myself as my bomb had lost its charge. I had it 're gassed and all is good.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Changed pipe now dave and all is good , I was lucky as the rubber part was leaking quite bad.

Comment

Working...
                X