No announcement yet.

Coilover/suspension options? (UK based)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coilover/suspension options? (UK based)

Hi guys,

Recently bought a noggy blue S6 plus avant after owning an S2 avant about 10 years ago and jumping between various other german classics between the two...

I'm currently on with sorting out all the niggles to get it ready for a few long trips but I'm looking to get it lowered and it seems like my only available options are sending off my front struts to KW for them to build coilovers, and it seems the only airride kit for these is made by TA but only for non-quattro models... and as you can see from the picture, these things have some serious arch gap!

Are there any off the shelf options beyond this that will give me more lowering than the 30-40mm that the bilstein/H&R/einbach spring and damper kits provide?

Failing that - does anyone have a good condition pair of front struts I could buy so I can send them off to KW without having the car up on stands in the garage for 2-3 weeks while I wait!

Cheers,
    Max

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

First off welcome to the Forum.

I have Three sets of C4 front struts, only one of which I actually need, well it would be handy to perhaps keep a spare pair.

So I certainly have a pair of front struts for sale, however all mine are from V6 quattro models which as I've never worked on a URS car I don't know if they're the same. I think there could be possibly be differences in brake carrier mounting points, but am not 100% sure, they could well be identical.

Anyway, if someone who knows for certain could clarify if they are the same or not then we'll know if I can help.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Thanks, though I've been lurking around the forum for years, just couldnt remember my old log in details

That would be amazing!

I'm hoping they're the same but in typical Audi fashion I can almost guarantee they wont be haha - dont suppose you have the part number from them do you?

I have a few photos of mine still mounted up but stupidly didnt think to get the part number from them while I had the discs off... I've attached them anyway just in case its any help
      Attached Files

Comment

I can get part numbers easily enough as long as their legible, have to say they do look the same apart from the bit's on the underside of the bottom spring plate, what are those thick bit's of metal there for, do you know if they're stock or some sort of add on? I don't really see what purpose they serve to be honest... I'll get part numbers off mine in the morning mate and take some photo's for you.

Comment

Absolutely no idea what they're there for, never seen anything like that on a suspension strut on other cars but i havent seen the same thing on pictures of some other struts online so can only assume they're like that from factory?

Leads me to believe they are going to be different to the ones you have but lets see

Thanks fella really appreciate it

Comment

No problem, if you saw how many parts I have you'd understand why I'm always keen to get shot of anything I don't require, I've broken a lot of cars and am something of a hoarder. Which is handy as I almost always have any component I require to hand but like everything there has to be limits and my stash had gotten totally out of hand.

I've just started thinning it down and feel a lot better for it as I now have a fantastic workshop I now can actually use as opposed to mountains of bit's in boxes.

Those lumps of metal don't look factory to me, they increase un-sprung weight which is never a good thing and as I mentioned I really don't see what purpose they serve, though am happy to be proven wrong, just curious to the thinking behind them.

It's absolutely pissing down here at the moment but I'll be heading down to my workshop in a bit.

Comment

Thats handy to know as I'm almost definitely going to need a load of bits and pieces for it over the next few months as I work it over

Comment

Am on my phone so please excuse the lack of proper paragraphs, I am yet to work out how to get it to do that, just get stupid brackets instead... Anyway here's some shots of the ones on my 30 valve that I'm currently breaking, all of the ones I have are the same though. As far as I can see apart from the mysterious blocks on the underside of the spring plate they are indeed the same. Had a quick look for a part number on them and no sign of one. However knowing Audi there will be one somewhere, I need to put my work clothes on before I break out the knot wheel and have a proper look.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Comment

In the past, when our group buy of KW They say to us, the need one C4 front kit to replicate. Because never yet make one for this model.

Can't believe how now one more time, they ask for other kit
                  photobucket SUCKS
                  sigpic

Comment

That reminds me, does the OP want me to put a set of these aside for him?

Comment

Hey

Still trying to find out whether the struts are the same or not, lots of conflicting information online..

Surely someone on here must have first hand experience with both sets of suspension?

Comment

No worries mate, I've been trying to do the same and can't find a definitive answer.

You'd have thought someone on here would know if their compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                          No worries mate, I've been trying to do the same and can't find a definitive answer.

You'd have thought someone on here would know if their compatible.
                          Hi mate

At this rate its potentially just worth buying em to offer up and see for myself..

How much would you be after for them?

Thanks
                          Max

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure, it would be good to know if they were any use to you first though.

£50 for the pair?

Drop me a PM if you want.

Comment

Working...
                            X