Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4x108 to 5x112 conversion: B4 80 Quattro ABC V6 Sedan - What discs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x108 to 5x112 conversion: B4 80 Quattro ABC V6 Sedan - What discs?

Hi All,

Hoping for a few pointers here. And yes I've hit the 4x108 to 5x112 search thread and still unsure on the best approach for the discs to be applied.

So I am currently undertaking the process of converting my 1994 Audi 80 B4 Quattro V6 Sedan from the dreaded 4x108 to 5x112.

So far I have the following but need a few pointers:

Rear:
    B5 1.8TQ rear hubs (75mm) - Intend to retain the use of factory calipers/carriers. But what size disc would fit without any modification?

Front:
    C4Q rear hubs (82mm) machined 5mm - Intend to retain the use of factory calipers/carriers. But what size disc would fit without any modification? Or change of the calipers?

Appreciate any help or guidance that someone might be able to provide this novice.

Not sure what my standard front calipers are as I see reference to G60?
    Last edited by TRS4; 24 July 2022, 14:51.

Model year ?
    G60's in the front ?

For front hubs C4Q rear hubs is better than URS4 rear, C4Q also needs machining but matches perfectly together with std S2 front discs.

At the rear I suppose You can use std S2 coupe discs but You need to shim the brake carrier as the A4Q has more offset than the B4
    Last edited by pfi; 24 July 2022, 13:57.

Comment

pfi- see my updated thread. Sorry yes, C4Q not URS4 rears to be installed in the front.

Are you sure I need to shim the rear carriers for b5 a4qt to work? All my research albeit online says it’s a direct fit?

also do you know the size of the discs you’re referring to?

Comment

G60 is std two-piston calipers used on several different Audi's

not sure about the rear as I don't know the offset of the original sedan hubs, mby they're the same as A4Q, but for the coupe You'll have to shim ...

Not sure about the size of the disks but at least front should be std s2
        If hub offset is the same on A4Q and what You already have I suppose You may use std A4Q disks rear
        Last edited by pfi; 24 July 2022, 15:19.

Comment

Originally posted by TRS4 View Post
          Hi All,

Hoping for a few pointers here. And yes I've hit the 4x108 to 5x112 search thread and still unsure on the best approach for the discs to be applied.

So I am currently undertaking the process of converting my 1994 Audi 80 B4 Quattro V6 Sedan from the dreaded 4x108 to 5x112.

So far I have the following but need a few pointers:

Rear:
          B5 1.8TQ rear hubs (75mm) - Intend to retain the use of factory calipers/carriers. But what size disc would fit without any modification?

Front:
          C4Q rear hubs (82mm) machined 5mm - Intend to retain the use of factory calipers/carriers. But what size disc would fit without any modification? Or change of the calipers?

Appreciate any help or guidance that someone might be able to provide this novice.

Not sure what my standard front calipers are as I see reference to G60?

The B5 1.8TQ rear hubs (75mm) - will move the assembly out (by a few mm). B5 S4 rear disk, caliper bracket and urs4/6 or D2 s8 caliper would bolt on.

The C4Q rear hubs (82mm) machined 5mm will have the exact offset as the B3 CQ 20v or S2 hub, the original disk, bracket and G60 caliper will bolt on.

While the car is B2, suspension, drive-train was B3 CQ:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/192695...57718934721402

sigpic

Comment

Your v6 saloon should have 82mm rear bearings, or are you using the full a4 upright?

Comment

Originally posted by sam80quattro View Post
              Your v6 saloon should have 82mm rear bearings, or are you using the full a4 upright?
              how certain of this are you? I’m told only s2/avant run 82mm rear whilst sedan is 75mm?

Comment

Probably 75mm on a sedan.
                B5 quattro rear discs are a bolt on with B5 rear hubs. You can use your stock calipers and carriers.
                1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Originally posted by M2ki View Post
                  Probably 75mm on a sedan.
                  B5 quattro rear discs are a bolt on with B5 rear hubs. You can use your stock calipers and carriers.
                  Great! But any idea on what discs for the rear as a simple bolt on? size/specs would be of help

Comment

how certain of this are you? I’m told only s2/avant run 82mm rear whilst sedan is 75mm?
                    I’m not certain to be honest, but defo worth measuring before ordering anything ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great! But any idea on what discs for the rear as a simple bolt on? size/specs would be of help
                      Any stock A4 B5 quattro disc will do, 1.8T, 2.8 etc.. Solid ones, vented won't fit.
                      1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

I just compared a rear hub from a B4 2.8 Avant (82mm) with a s2 coupe (75mm) and they have exactly the same offset.
                        Given the B4 sedan and Avant have the same offset A4 B5 hubs will give ~9mm more offset on each side.

A friend used the rear from a B4 Avant on his S4 B5, to get correct offset he used s2 front hubs on it.
                        s2 front hub compared to std Avant B4 (2.8 V6 4-bolt) 82mm is approx 9.5mm more offset ...
                        Last edited by pfi; 27 July 2022, 20:05.

Comment

[QUOTE=pfi;n2124811]I just compared a rear hub from a B4 2.8 Avant (82mm) with a s2 coupe (75mm) and they have exactly the same offset.
                          Given the B4 sedan and Avant have the same offset A4 B5 hubs will give ~9mm more offset on each side.

S2 & B4 Avant are different to B4 V6 sedan rear.

Offsets will remain unchanged with B5 A4TQ rear hubs. Just need to know what discs to run. I will try standard rear discs.

Comment

Offsets will remain unchanged with B5 A4TQ rear hubs. Just need to know what discs to run. I will try standard rear discs.
                            Offsets will NOT remain the same B5 A4TQ rear hubs!!!

Wheel will move outside ~10mm.

I have told twice, that you need B5 A4 quattro starndard discs.
                            8D0 615 601 A
                            1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by M2ki View Post

Offsets will NOT remain the same B5 A4TQ rear hubs!!!

Wheel will move outside ~10mm.

I have told twice, that you need B5 A4 quattro starndard discs.
                              8D0 615 601 A
                              well, I suppose he'll figure it out at some point ...

a bit off topic :
                              If someone wants to convert from 4/108 to 5/112 rear on B4 Avant (82mm bearing) :
                              original s2/ABY 5/112 hub is 8A0501653A, possible also used on some early AAH, ABC and NG, and, propably hard to get

alternatives :

441501653B :
                              C4 UrS4/6 rear hubs gives ~5mm more offset, easy to shim, dunno if it needs any machining.

4d0407615A / 4d0407615F :
                              C5 rear hubs, even closer to original, ~1.5mm
                              but, think it's 1.5 less, if so u need to shim the hub, not the caliper carrier ...

895407615A :
                              original s2 front hubs (3B/ABY), ~9.5mm more offset, easy to shim, (or mby no shim, std A4Q/B5 disks may be used ?) dunno if it needs any machining.
                              also possible used on some :
                              - ACOQ : AAH, ABC, ACZ, NG
                              - A80Q : ABK, ACE, AAH, NG, ABC, ACZ, ADW
                              but, propably hard to get hold of ?
                              Last edited by pfi; 28 July 2022, 19:21.

Comment

Working...
                              X