OE rear spring options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OE rear spring options

I'm looking to replace all of the springs and shocks of my car. While I can find correct front springs from Audi tradition I can't find the right ones for the rear. My options for the rear springs are as follows:

Keep the original, old, propably sagged springs
    Buy new 8A0511115BF, used in 80 Avant Quattro with ABK, ADW, 6A, ACE and NG engined cars
    Buy new 8A0511115CH, used 80 Avant Quattro with AAH, ABC and ACZ engined cars

As we can see the BF spring variant was used with the smaller engines and the CH was used with the V6 engined cars. What is the difference between the different springs and how much can I go wrong if I buy the CH springs? Any input is welcome

Thanks
    Antti

I don't think they will be sagged. I'm still running original factory fitted spring 30 years on, all be it they have been blasted and painted to make them look like new, they still look and drive fine.

Comment

Can you get the factory optional 'sport's pack' springs for a V6 quattro Avant? They will sit the same height as stock as S2 springs or at least very close to it.

However as above the factory springs from this era very, very rarely sag unless they've been massivly overeloaded or driven with a very heavy load for extended periods of time... Which as it's an Avant I guess isn't at all out of the question.

You could also try B5 S4/RS4 springs, they will fit though I'm not sure how the car would sit.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Yes I think I can, the 8A0511115CH is listed in etka as 'coil spring for vehicles with sports suspension'. These propably are those 'sport's pack' springs?

I think I will buy these and decide later if I'm going to fit them or continue with the old ones. At least that way I would have spare springs if something were to happen

Comment

They should be fine then, they maybe a sit little high for the first week but will soon bed down.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
          X