Tubular Rear Subframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubular Rear Subframe

Has anyone had any experience with the tubular rear subframes that Speeding Performance Parts are selling for £750?

I've been needing a replecement subframe for my 2.8L Quattro for a while now, but I have been refusing to pay the high prices they have been going for lately. I stumbled on this the other day and was wondering if anyone on here had bought and fitted one yet.

https://www.speedingparts.co.uk/p/ch...hoCfw0QAvD_BwE

Nothing to say other than agree on the crazy prices. I'm about to build my own starting from the front subframe off a b4 cabrio because of that.
    1993 UrS4...aka the rocket powered living room

Comment

I'm not needing one but if I was I'd be doing like Mr Ottawa and modifying a front one. £750 may well be reasonable money for a hand built part? I'd rather have a modified front one personally......I don't like the look of the tubular one.

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
        I'm not needing one but if I was I'd be doing like Mr Ottawa and modifying a front one. £750 may well be reasonable money for a hand built part? I'd rather have a modified front one personally......I don't like the look of the tubular one.
        I agree, it doesn't look hard to modfiy a front one, so I'm going to be keeping the near mint one I had for sale a spare for my B3 project.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Just got mine repaired, blasted and powder coated for under £300. Sure there is still a bit of pitting in places but it should do another 20 years now.

Comment

My subframe is well beyond repair so it is not an option for me.
            The last search I did a few months ago on ebay only turned up 1 subframe,which looked like it had been wire wheeled and roughly painted and there were obvious pin holes on the ARB mounts and one of the diff supports. The seller wanted £600 + delivery, so this looks a better option for me.

Comment

Working...
            X