Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement bolts

Hi
    does anyone know if replacement 'captive' bolts fitted to the forged wishbones are available anywhere?

I have had to press mine out due to excessive corrosion any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Attached Files
    Mark - Modded

wonder if a nut & bolt specialst would be able to source something? Could always try these guys, usually really helpful

A.H.C (CAMBERLEY)
    415-417, London Rd, Camberley, Surrey GU15 3HZ
    Tel: 01276 709069

Quick question, do they point down towards the road those bolts, pretty sure they do but need to confirm as i have a new pair to replace my pressed steel versions.
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Easiest thing to get the correct thing would be to buy 3 rear locking plates and press the bolts out of them... would be identical, but cost about 6 quid for each plate....
      HTH
      Chris
      Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

if you don't find out Mark I'll look tomorrow
        Corey
        01636 822288

Comment

Thanks for answers

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
          Easiest thing to get the correct thing would be to buy 3 rear locking plates and press the bolts out of them... would be identical, but cost about 6 quid for each plate....
          HTH
          Chris
          Blimey good idea, I'm embarassed I never thought of that LOL

David, yes they point down at the ground.

Corey if you do find out anything that'd be handy , I won't be replacing them for a week or so, until they get back from being powder coated.
          Mark - Modded

Comment

i've ordered my replacement studs from the dealer and pressed them in myself. they were pretty inexpensive if I recall correctly.
            I'm sure Corey or VAGparts could get them for you.
            Joe "NoNonsense"
            axis motorsport
            joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Never realised those were just pressed in
              I was going to offer to stud weld some more on for you at work Mark but obviously not the way they are done.

Jas..
              2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
              2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
              1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Yeah I just welded 3 bolts in when mine went last month. Ground the heads down to a cone shape to allow a nice fillet to form - Job done. Audi said they could not get hold of anymore?!?

If you do go down the welding route make sure you use high tensile bolts, and there is fair load on the threads when they are tightened up.
                '93 S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by waad_uk View Post
                  Yeah I just welded 3 bolts in when mine went last month. Ground the heads down to a cone shape to allow a nice fillet to form - Job done. Audi said they could not get hold of anymore?!?

If you do go down the welding route make sure you use high tensile bolts, and there is fair load on the threads when they are tightened up.
                  Yep just did that, I had them blasted clean today and welded some 12.9 tensile bolts onto them. Off to the powder coater tomorrow now.

Cheers
                  Mark - Modded

Comment

For reference the press fit bolts are 893407745A. They retail at £1.30 + VAT each.

Ben
                    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Working...
                    X