hydraulic/pressure bomb lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hydraulic/pressure bomb lines

i was wondering if those lines can be replaced with aftermarket,custom made pressure hoses rather than the OEM parts.I have descovered today a small leak from the power steering pump to the brake bomb and i was thinking that if it is to replace/change hoses,why not take them all to a custom made pipes and be done with it?Same as oil cooler hoses!
    Vasilis

Could be done but a good bomb produces 140bar of pressure so it would have to be capable of taking this pressure
    '95 ABY Avant - Sold
    '98 B5 S4 -MRC400+ = 464ps 741nm

Comment

i see...
      thanks

Comment

sure it could be. i have also some hoses replaced with aftermarket made hoses.
        The problem is only hose from hydraulic pump to servo. Aftermarket hose will almost sure produce some vibration.
        btw use right oil for hydraulic system, cause using wrong will cause many small leaks in system sooner or latter.....
        Audi Coupe S2 1993
        Audi V8 4.2 1993
        Audi cabrio 1998

Comment

yes i use the correct fluid.Now the problem is that my steering rack seems to be leaking from a point that audi doesnt have anything to offer.Now washers,or seals.Where can i look to find specific model repair kits for my steering box.I dont have servotronic and my part number is: 895422065C

Comment

Working...
          X