Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TT steering rack

Hi guys

I heard something interesting which I thought must be total hogwash but I thought I'd get your opinions. A mechanic recently told me that the steering rack on my 1991 3b is the same as or extremely similar to the one on a TT.

Could this be true? I would have thought that there would have been quite a leap in the technology used in the TT compared to the S2 as it is such a new design. :wacked:

Cheers
    Craig

Craig - that is interesting, would like to know more if that's true...

I've noticed you've got a 3B like me, and so therefore have the "Servotronic" variable power assistance - do you find the steering to be absurdly light? Do you want more feel and feedback?

There's an easy mod you can do to weight up the steering and give you more feel, and what's more, it's free...
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Dan tried to continue that the way is unplugging the servotronic relay but his key stroke quota became full
      -

Comment

100%

Totally right mates. My car also feels way too light at times. I was hoping having it reconditioned would make it feel less loose.

How exactly is this mod done, by the way and does it have any possible negative sideeffects. Has a thread been posted on how to do this?

My cars been away for 4 days now (workshop for reconditioning steering rack). I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms.
        Should be back by tomorrow or early next week. On the positive side though, I have ordered some homefries from Mihnea...Can't wait.

Cheers
        Craig

Comment

Servotrnic mod

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ht=servotronic
          2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
          2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
          1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Easy mod, takes 2 minutes, no side effects, dramatic improvement in steering. You have to wonder why Audi even bothered with the Servotronic in the first place...

Remove rear seat squab (two screws), unplug Servotronic relay (clearly marked "Servotronic" on the relay cover, in my car was located on the right hand side), replace rear seat squab (two screws), start car, drive away and enjoy better steering!

Let us know how you get on
            Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Working...
            X