side photo of RS2 on bilsteins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side photo of RS2 on bilsteins?

does anyone has one to share?i know maRS2 is the best for this,but he is hard to contact these days.I would like to see the looks as it is said that sports bilsteins on OEM springs tend to raise the car a bit.just want to see how it looks!
    thanks
    Vasilis

Hi Vasilis,
    Its not just the "look" that will change with it Jacked up at the back. It will change the corner weights, throwing more weight forward.
    Will make it more tail happy when it lets go. so will the softer sprintline shocks.

Drift car?
    Rob..
    94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
    87 UR 20v ABY
    97 S6 Avant
    96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
    1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

no im planning to make the conversion to lower the rear s4 bilstein shocks.There is a controversy about whether there is 13mm or 20mm lower so i had both measurements made.I just want to see a photo with them on,both front and rear so that i can see if the car is lifted slightly as it does usually with bilstein sports

Comment

RS2 on Bilsteins

Hi

I have just ordered the B6 Sport front & rear Bilsteins for my RS2. Now that I think about it, it did seem like my urS6 did look a bit raised when I put Bilstein sports on

Was this the right choice on OEM springs. Should I have perhaps gone with the B8 Sprint rear shock - this was for a lowered car?

Is there a way to retain the standard ride height with the Bilstein Sports?

Thanks
        1995 RS2 - old school handful ~ for fun!
        2004 allroad 2.7T now mine
        2008 GTi MkV DSG - was mine, now hers!
        1995 urS6(m) - sold
        Jozi, RSA
        sigpic

Comment

since i got it done already,here is a before pic
          in this i have OEM shocks BUT all gone
          Last edited by A80Avant; 29 August 2009, 20:21.

Comment

after:
            Last edited by A80Avant; 29 August 2009, 20:21.

Comment

i would say slightly higher,but in a week or so,they will sit a bit more

Comment

Mmmm...I have to say that from the before and after pics it is difficult to see.

So...what is the handling like? Does the backend stay tucked in when you change direction quickly? I assume you are on standard ARBs?
                1995 RS2 - old school handful ~ for fun!
                2004 allroad 2.7T now mine
                2008 GTi MkV DSG - was mine, now hers!
                1995 urS6(m) - sold
                Jozi, RSA
                sigpic

Comment

Urm, I think the car will not change ride height with change of dampers. Changing spring length or height of platform will change ride height.
                  RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

well,ride is a tad stiffer than OEM(but then again my oem setup was shot lately so i cannot say for sure),it feels like less roll on turns and i cannot say about the rear being the bilsteins only or the RARB which i changed to neuspeed im afraid.I can say that the car feels more neutral and has a tendency to push the rear out of position on abrupt turning which is entertaining i might say!!!

The car seems just 1cm higher between the 2 photos.Thats all.And it also may go away.

Comment

Working...
                    X