Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumped a speed bump

******ations

In the dark, drove up a street in Dulwich which, 7 days ago I had driven up and it was free of speed bumps. Last night, there were speed bumps there. However, they hadn't been painted, so I didn't see them, and hit the first one at 35mph with the left wheel.

There was a god almighty big thwack noise. Everything seems to be still attached, but I've not had it up on a ramp yet to check it over thoroughly. I'm scared that I've knackered something. The car certainly doesn't feel any worse for it, but I could be kidding myself I suppose.

Do you think I can sue for damage if there is any?
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Possibly, unless there were any 'new road layout' signs about.

I did reda a couple of weeks ago that councils are now paying out as much in damages caused by bad roads and speed bumps as they are on upgrading the roads!!

Even so if you complain loud enough the council ususally backs down.

You may well have only thumped the protection bars attached to the chasis. See if there are any signs of damage on them.
    Jim

Comment

I have heard of a few people sueing the councill for speed bumps which cars have problems with. A local shopping centre had to remove their bolt down plastic jobbies as MR2 drivers were loosing sumps on them and seizing engines. Too many claims forced them to reconsider their nasty bumps.
      Graham
      Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

if you are lucky, it may have only been your suspension bottoming out...that also makes a horrible thunk!

Good luck! Cheers!
        Joe "NoNonsense"
        axis motorsport
        joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Yep, had that thumping feeling myself on a few occasions!

I drive a road with large platforms every day, but I'm used to it and know which ones are big and which ones are bigger.

Isn't Ken Livingstone taking alotted money away from a council that has removed speed bumps? He's such a ****!!!

(Anyone heard how they tricked the public at large into thinking that congestion charging worked to reduce traffic problems?)

__MDC__
          Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Working...
          X