Lowered Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowered Springs

I'm having the shocks on my avant replaced next week and was considering lowering it slightly while the suspension was in bits.

I'm only looking to drop it about 20mm to give it a better stance and to reduce the amount of nose diving. It already has RS2 ARB's fitted which have greatly reduced bodyroll.

I was wondering if you guys with lowered suspension had any tips or recomendations as to which springs to fit.

Also is it possible to stiffen up the ARB's further, possibly by fitting shorter droplinks?

Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

I have a set of H&R springs that will be going on eventually with some bilsteins which will drop it down and have good reviews generally.

Will let you know how they are once I have them fitted in the next cvouple of weeks!

Cheers,

David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I've got teh H&R/koni combos and it must be sitting at least 40mm lower - I find the ride is pretty good.

Shortening droplinks won't stiffen the ARB - if you want th ecurrent ones stiffer you will need to shorten the ARB arms - is it thinck enough to drill holes along the arms? or weld on a plate with a series of holes along it onto the ARB arms so you can adjust it to your liking.
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Which H & R springs do you have?

On there web site (http://www.h-ruk.com/) they list two sets:

29909-1 Audi S2 Avant 30mm drop £135
        29969-1 Audi RS2 Avant 30mm drop £280

As standard the S2 and RS2 have the same springs, so does any one know what the difference is? OR are H & R just using the RS badge to inflate the prices?

Ben
        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

See if my spelling is any better this time!

I've got the coupe so will have different at the rear. I posted part numbers on the yahoo group. I also posted part numbers on the www.rs246.com forum in the S2 section - might be easier to find. If you can't find them I will post numbers I used, probably tomorrow night.
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
            Which H & R springs do you have?

On there web site (http://www.h-ruk.com/) they list two sets:

29909-1 Audi S2 Avant 30mm drop £135
            29969-1 Audi RS2 Avant 30mm drop £280

As standard the S2 and RS2 have the same springs, so does any one know what the difference is? OR are H & R just using the RS badge to inflate the prices?

Ben

Very good question!!!
            Silver Audi RS2

Comment

Working...
            X