No announcement yet.

Poll for Noisy / Squeeky Poly Powerflex Bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had powerflexes in the front wishbones for about six months now, and they give a occasional tiny sqeak when going over large bumps. Normal driving they're silent.

Comment

Originally posted by UUUdirs2newcastle View Post
      Can somebody start a poll to see how many people have squeeky poly bushes, so I can decide whether im going to fit them or not?

I want better handling, but I DO NOT want squeeks, it just makes the car sound old and decrepid.

Cheers
      I went through a lot of hassle with powerflex because the first set of bushes I had squeaked really badly. But I got powerflex to redesign them and they are fine now, it did mean changing the wishbone bushes three times though!

But as long as you get the ones with grooves around the metal centre and a small spiral groove you should be fine.

if you have the right wishbones also check out the superflex bushes.
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

No squeaks, or better control? Choose squeaks anytime!
        Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

I want squeaks
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

am i the only one who thinks that OEM but new are pretty good themselves??

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
              I want squeaks
              Buy a mouse then
              Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

I'm holding one now and it doesn't sqeak... it's optical
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I hate my squeaky Powerflex bushes. I love my quiet Superflex bushes. Why not have no squeaks and better control?

One thing I have noticed removing and refitting both sets of bushes, the Superflex bushes grip the wishbone and the centre pin very tightly, so they work like an OEM bush. It takes a lot of force to move the wishbone once fitted to the subframe.
                  The Powerflex bushes on the other hand fit very loosely, and the weight of the wishbone alone is enough to make it drop once fitted to the subframe.

If I had my own press I would fit OEM rather than Powerflex bushes to my cast wishbones. Or there could be another option. :mischeif:
                  SS

Comment

I hope they don't squeek, I've just ordered a set for wishbones/anti roll bar. Will post once they're all fitted.

Comment

Eh...

[QUOTE=4WheelDrifter;332648]The Powerflex bushes on the other hand fit very loosely, and the weight of the wishbone alone is enough to make it drop once fitted to the subframe.

QUOTE]

Mine were a firm hand press fit along with the steel sleeves into the cast arms...sounds like yours aren't right?

Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

[QUOTE=Flat on my back;346415]
                        Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                        The Powerflex bushes on the other hand fit very loosely, and the weight of the wishbone alone is enough to make it drop once fitted to the subframe.

QUOTE]

Mine were a firm hand press fit along with the steel sleeves into the cast arms...sounds like yours aren't right?

That's what I'm telling you, Powerflex bushes for forged wishbones just aren't right. They are a good fit in to the wishbones, but they just don't work as well as a stock or Superflex bush.
                        SS

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I've always greased poly bushings with PTFE lube which helps keep the sqeaks away.

Comment

No squeaks as long as you get the supplied grease inside and out. It has a pitted surface on the inside of the bush to retain the grease. There is a difference in ride quality. Feels harsher/more crashy? Over bumpy roads, even more so if you have low profile tyres fitted. I can live with it but some can't.

If interior rattles bug you alot i wouldn't but if your track focused and don't mind a bit of a compromise then go for it
                            Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

Powerflex on the front and never heard a peep out of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X