New springs - what else ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New springs - what else ???

I am going to install the H&R's. Any advice/BTDT that make this easier? How much time will this require? I'll need spring compressors. Any other special tools?

Second, are there any parts I should change "while I am at it"? Other than double adjustable Koni's that is

How about fitting some new top mounts and going for the blue ones ( from UR quattro) available from vagparts.com or your local dealer maybe!

David

Comment

Rich, you could get away with no spring compressors, i swapped mine to the full koni kit, due to the springs being lower you can assemble them with no compressors..even taking the old ones to bits wasnt a problem.
      agree with david... fit the blue top mounts.

martin

Comment

Is this really turning into one of those "easier than you thought" jobs? You're kidding me right?

I will have a look to see if my local shop has the top mounts.

Cheers all.

Comment

personally would rather use spring compressors, since they will make the job easier.

If you have time check the ball joints can be adjusted and free the steering arm ones up before re fitting everything since this will make re doing the tracking a hell of alot easier. I found on mine it was easier to just replace the front steering arms.

Also check for play in the ARB drop links and if you have enough cash also worth fitting the RS2 ARB up front and Whitline on the back. Finally got my whiteline arb a week ago and got it fitted and the car is alot more Go Kart like by comparison and turns in alot better.

Greg
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
          X