Spring Issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Issues!

Just wondering what people think about this.
    At first I thought that the spring had collasped but it was identical to the other side!
    With the weight of the car on the springs 3 coils are effectively bound. So much so that they have flattened against each other.
    Upon removal the spring is intact. There are some numbers on them but nothing I recognize.
    Perhaps they are incorrectly rated and too soft or have gone soft over the years. Any comments? Don't really like the look of them!
    Attached Files

I think they are too soft going by that they look like 20v one's going by the colour so i'd say that they was the 20v 7a h&r's from what i've seen before.

Was the car lowered or standard? If it was standard i've got a spare set of 3b standard springs.

Comment

Found the bill and it just says "Sport spring kit"!
      I don't think they are H&R as their number sequencing is usually consecutive. So basically an unknown quantity.
      Pete, well the car did have a bit of a rake toward the front. Not surprisingly considering! Might take you up on your offer as standard stuff is going to be better than sub standard aftermarket! I'll PM you.

Comment

Upon cleaning up the other spring, I saw a KONI marking. After googling the 2220 1226 I find a link to a German Forum which seems to confirm that they are indeed KONI springs:

"Btw.: Ich habe seitdem das Koni-Fahrwerk mit den grünen Federn verbaut
        (Federkennz. 2220 1226, Dämpfer VA: 86-2086 SPD 2 / HA: 86-2433 SPORT / SP20)".

So bit confused now. Seems to be a bit odd having the progressive part of the spring effectively in the middle! It does appear that the PO put the rears on the front and vice versa.

Comment

Working...
        X