What needed to refurb urs6 rear suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What needed to refurb urs6 rear suspension

I want to refurb my s6 rear suspension and wondered if anyone has a list of what I might need in the way of parts,also whether to use O.M.E or poly bushes. Any advise would be appreciated .

be interested about this my self my s6 needs are rear end rebush, there all cracked ete
    i might go oem spec personally as even the old ones still feel good over a recent narrow b-road mountain pass

i know when i fitted poly to my 90 i started to feel alot more from seat my pants...

Comment

I need to do this too, i was horrified the last time i looked under my S4 at the state of the bushings and bolts. Rear subframe bushings on mine are really soft, the rear subframe is moving around in the car because of it. Personally i'll use OE bushings on the S4, i have poly bushed everything on the coupe and avant but dont see the point on the S4, the comfortable magic carpet feel is part of its charm.
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Well lets hope this great forum can help us all out

Comment

I can't find any poly bushes for my S4 so I bought all original. £££

You can't buy the subframe bushes though which is bloomin stupid. You can buy a subframe (which I believe comes complete with bushes) from Audi if you have a few hundred quid spare!! I've seen aluminium and delrin subframe bushes here... http://www.addictmotorsport.com/products.php?c=urs but I've emailed the guy about 5 times and tried to contact him through Audiworld.com but unfortunately he can't be bothered to reply!
          '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

Your kidding .....looks like another job to get Bambridge onto :mischeif:
            91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
            93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
            94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

How much is £££. Please say it gently.

Comment

I can't remember exactly but I think it was around £300 including drop links, control arms and rear diff mount. Most of it was from Vagparts but some of the bushes I got from quattro corner as they were cheapest!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
                  Your kidding .....looks like another job to get Bambridge onto :mischeif:

Looks interesting, need some more info??

Comment

I've just found someone else in the States that may be able to help so I'll investigate. Otherwise, I do have a spare rear subframe here if someone in the UK can help!?!

Comment

Working...
                    X