Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in S4/S6 Delrin rear subframe bushes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any update?

Comment

A question
      where can i buy the front bushes
      tom

Comment

Originally posted by 93URS4Avant View Post
        Any update?
        Is post #12 not recent enough for ya? Don't worry I will continue to update this thread with relevent news but I must say that this is progressing much faster than I imagined it would. I'm looking forward to testing in the next few weeks!!
        '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

For those wondering exactly what bushes we're talking about here, here's the diagram. Obviously as the bushes are unavailable they're not actually shown in the diagram but they are positioned above items 7 and 26a. There are 4 mounting points on the crossmember (2 each side) and there is a bush at each of these points.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by turbo s4 View Post
            A question
            where can i buy the front bushes
            tom
            Standard front bushes should be available from the dealer.

Comment

Got my subframe back from Bambridge on Friday complete with a set of 4 delrin bushes and one solid alluminium bush to look at. Needless to say he's done a top notch job and the bushes look fantastic!!

I'm going to try and get it fitted this week for testing!

Comment

I'd also be interested in a set of these.

This page is interesting/relevant.

http://www.phonecallsfromthedead.net...r/s6/S6p3.html

Comment

Originally posted by tomg23 View Post
                  I'd also be interested in a set of these.

This page is interesting/relevant.

http://www.phonecallsfromthedead.net...r/s6/S6p3.html
                  Those bushes are almost certainly the Addict Motorsport bushes in the US. I tried to contact Addict Motorsport on a number of occasions over several months and didn't receive so much as a courtesy reply! I've also heard of enthusiasts in the US being unable to contact them. This is one of the reasons that I started this thread and now inside a short timeframe I have a very good looking product ready to test.

Watch this space!!!

Comment

**UPDATE**

I finally got around to fitting the Delrin bushes last weekend and it wasn't anything like as bad a job as I was expecting.

I still need to get a 4 wheel allignment done but the bushes have already made a very noticable difference to the handling of my S4. The overall handling feels much more positive and precise. The back end finally feels like it's connected to the front and is actually helping the car around a corner rather than being dragged reluctantly by the front! I would imagine that this would be further enhanced should you choose the aluminium bushes. Also, I have not noticed any increase in road noise which I was pleasantly surprised at, although I have noticed a slight squeak from time to time but I have not yet confirmed that this is due to the bushes. It is not unusual for delrin or poly bushes to squeak but after contacting Bambridge he thinks that if the bushes are indeed the cause of the squeak then this can be cured by machining grooves into any subsequent batches and greasing around the bushes when fitting.

Overall I am delighted with not only the product but especially the service and help provided by Kev (Bambridge). I cannot praise him highly enough, so if you're interested in a set of these bushes, or any other custom bits, then give him a shout!!

Remember that neither OEM or standard aftermarket rear subframe bushes are available anywhere for the urS4/S6 or any other C4 quattro chassis, so if your's are shot like mine then these are currently your only option for replacement.

I will post some pics later and continue to post any further news about my prototype bushes!!

Comment

Thanks for the update, i badly need to do these on the S4. Any words of wisdom on removing the subframe?

Thanks,

Mark.
                      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I'll need 2 sets of these one set for UrS and another for "family wagon".
                        All quattro products have been dermatologically tested, and are safe for daily use.

Comment

I've finally taken some pics of the installed bushes! My apologies to all those interested for the delay in posting.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I would also like to confirm that the sqeak in my rear suspension is NOT linked to these bushes.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin's S4 View Post
                              I would also like to confirm that the sqeak in my rear suspension is NOT linked to these bushes.
                              Will start manufacturing these within the next 2 weeks (av just finished the inner rear tie rod bushes).

I will still machine the internal grooves for greasing, for peace of mind

Many thanks to Tris for his help with the manufacture and testing of these bushes.

Will PM everyone who has shown interest!, with all details nearer completion.

Cheers

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by bambridge View Post
                                Will start manufacturing these within the next 2 weeks (av just finished the inner rear tie rod bushes).

I will still machine the internal grooves for greasing, for peace of mind

Many thanks to Tris for his help with the manufacture and testing of these bushes.

Will PM everyone who has shown interest!, with all details nearer completion.

Cheers

Kev
                                Hi Everyone,

The first batch is now complete and ready for delivery.

Set comprises of 8 delrin bushes, 4 st/st internal bosses & 8 st/st washers

I set will do 1 sub-frame

Price is £45-00 a set delivered in UK.

£50-00 anyware else.

Still interested, pm me for more details

Best Regards

Kev

Comment

Working...
                                X