Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knocking Noise Turning Left.

Hi

I have a knocking noise when turning left on my S2, also happens on occasions when i go over bumps.

I know the top mounts were replaced for Blue ones about 12-18 months ago, could it be the drop links or the ball joints?

Any advice gratefull, thanks.

Check to bottom ball joints. Mine was knocking and on inspection the N/S ball joint was found to hanging out.

Also cehck the top mounts as unless you drive around on perfectly smooth roads all the time it's unlikely they're still ok after 12 months.

Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

So on British roads how long do blue top mounts last? (knowing that our roads are crap) as that is also in my to do list
      Graham
      Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Graham
        So on British roads how long do blue top mounts last? (knowing that our roads are crap) as that is also in my to do list
        Graham
        Graham,

I had my blue mounts fitted in November, and got them replaced yesterday as they were shot. God knows how long i was driving with them totally gone. my car is lowered tho.
        Coupe

Comment

Could that not be a CV Joint????
          95 S2 Avant Ming Blue - now gone and sorley missed:cry:
          2001 B5 RS4 Santorin Blue - MRC'd - now here:chit:
          88 Ur MB Quattro -Pearl White - The daddy!:cool:

Classic S2 Avant billboard ad - "My other car's a Porsche, but today I'm in a hurry"

Comment

I also have a knocking noise seemingly coming from the FNS mainly when I go over bumps or even just pulling away. Haven't had chance to have a look yet - any of you lads know to any common faults to look for?
            I run a '95 2.6 V6 coupe. It has 92K on the clock and as far as I know it's standard stock. I'm having trouble getting tech info on it - anyone know where I can look?
            Now I know it's not an S2 but one day perhaps ...
            Since being introduced to Forum by Martyn @ VAG I'm hooked!
            The knowledge you lads possess is brill!
            Keep up the good work!
            Mick.

Comment

I had a knocking noise a while back. Turned out to be a loose nut on one of the drop links. Tightened everything up and its now OK.

Its worth a check.
              ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Sidspud
                Thanks mate
                Mick

Comment

I know one of the drop links was replaced but don't know which one and Al C did tell me. How does one check the top mount guys?

Hmm car is turning into a right pain at present, hopefully i'll get my bonus money end of this month and get rid of all these annoying problems (rattley engine, high pitch resonance on long drives over 70 mph).

I have a list of thing i want to do to the car over a long long period but unless it running right aint no point.

1) Win lottery!
                  2) White Line rear ARB + RS2 ARB and droplinks)
                  3) HID
                  4) RS2 Intercooler
                  5) Source RS2 IM and EM
                  6) RS2 Turbo and Injectors

Dont want much do i! lol

Comment

Working...
                  X