Upper Mounts: Green, Blue or Black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Mounts: Green, Blue or Black?

I was reading the post below on the CQ20v site, can anybody tell me what was in there car when they first took it apart?

My CQ20v had black in the front, I installed Blaus "improved" mounts which in my opinion are rubbish, and look like "modified" O.E. parts. They only lasted 6 months. I've never had the rear strut apart so i dont know whats in the rear.

I have four new greens to install with my new shocks/springs is the reason i ask, I would love to hear what you guys are using?

Thanks,

Mark

"...much debate over this in the past, but "greens" go in the front while "blues" go in the back. I've got blues all around, and yes, in that configuration they raise the front of the car slightly relative to the rear. At the time, many cried foul and said that it wasn't a proper observation until they settle in--three or four years later, it's the same story.

BTW, blues WERE in the back previously--no idea if they were original."
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Originally blue in the back and green in front.
    I now have blue ones in front too as there guys here think they're so great. We'll see...
    -

Comment

I would recommend green ones. The blue ones just ain't up to the job. My last set of blue ones lasted 4 months. Green ones have been on for around 7 months with no problems.
      Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Green Vs Blue,

Turns out original items are green/black for the front and blue in the rear.

Looking at the green and blue side by side the blues will LOWER the car by approx 5mm. Usefull to know if you want to play with ride heights...

Mark.

Originally posted by Mikes2
        I would recommend green ones. The blue ones just ain't up to the job. My last set of blue ones lasted 4 months. Green ones have been on for around 7 months with no problems.
        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2
          Completely opposite experience here - green ones just didn't last, whereas the blues are still going strong. Strange
          Ck.
          Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Curlys2, I have had the same experience with Greens.

Martyn at VAG pParts has updated(?) Blues which are fantastic. No problems at all.

Comment

Working...
            X