Anti Roll Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Roll Bar

Doug wrote in another forum: I've also put the RS2 anti-roll-bar on the front and I have another Audi front ARB that I am going to put on the back - oversteer time!!

Can you describe them pleas? I am in need of harder ARBs, especially on the rear.
    Marcel

Marcel

Doug used a KV engined Coupe Quattro front anti roll bar on the back, it is massive compared to the stock rear anti roll bar!! it's NOT a straight swap! Find Dougs post on how he did it, it'll answer all your questions. The part number of the roll bar he used is 893 411 309B.

Find his post, its very good!
    Here it is: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...=&threadid=404
    Martyn
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

While we were at the S2 meet the other weekend i went out with doug now he has his ARB fitted and in the dry its alot of fun and oversteer came in quite easily but was controlable.

What it would be like at high speeds and in the wet we will have to wait on some reports from doug

Greg
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Yes, it is very controllable - I have not driven it hard in the rain yet. At faster speeds I've not really pushed it to the limit.

It's not quite a straight fit. The ARB is very, very close to the wishbones, this will be fixed with shorter droplinks, so I am going to cut the top joint off, shorten the bar, thread the bar, I have new ball joints that will fit. All this hassle just so I didn't weld anything!

The new ball joints only cost £7ish each so it's still all relatively cheap.
        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

the good thing with having it threaded though is if the measurements arent 100% and still a slight clearance prob you can just twist it up or down the thread.

Once you've got this one sorted can i have a list of all the bits needed for it.

Fed up with the understeer on mine now
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
          X