Hydraulic circuit warning!! Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic circuit warning!! Help

A strange thing is happening to my S2 (ABY). When the car is cold (i.e. in the morning), the hydraulic circuit warning light and alarm sound for a minute or so. Once the car warms up, it stops. This also happens when I turn sharply, like into a driveway or a parking.

I have checked the fluid level, and looked for any signs of leaks, but everything seems in good condition.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

is this the (!) in red that appears? I have had this start occasionally. I always get it first thing.....until the pressure in the bomb is up to full whack...I have a used replacement bomb in the garage, just not got round to fitting it yet. I have topped up the fluid reservoir and it sometimes goes away for a couple of days or more then returns. You could also check that the float isnt stuck...the G00200 is sticky when old and has a hibit of blocking the hole at the top centre of the cap, cleaning round that with carb cleaner or similar may help too free it up or you may just have a poor connection with the lead that plugs in as this can get gunked too.

Hope you get it sorted!!!!

David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I get this too in the morning when the engine is cold and i use near full lock. If i use less lock coming off the drive it doesn't do it, this makes me suspect its more to do with the steering rack than the bomb. Poor thing gets blamed for everything! "my wife left me" "Oh that will be the bombs fault!!!":-)
      Ragusa Coupe gone!
      sigpic
      VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
      VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
      vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

It could also be caused by low brake fluid level.

Comment

havin the same problem, will look & clean under the cap at the weekend.
          see if that helps.

the only other time it comes on is if the car is hot and stationary. would these be a related problem?
          '92 S2 - Bent now

Comment

Thanx for the replies & help. Sounds like it could definitely be the float / fluid level thing. I'll give it the cap a clean-up and also clean the connections up.

My brake fluid is also due for a flush and change soon so I'll see if that helps too.

Comment

Working...
            X