Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAS Pump probs

Have just bought a 95M S2 Avant with this known problem: -

Car is currently showing the brake warning symbol intermittently, but only after a few minutes of driving, when everything is up to temp. Has been diagnosed by a couple of main dealers as being too high pressure in the hydraulic circuit.

I've read many threads about the 'bomb' - it sounds like this may be an additional cause & may be the easiest thing to change (although will cost me a few quid!). I've done the brake bomb test and pressure lasted 40 pumps, then only 15 pumps on another occasion!!

does anyone have experience of PAS pump excessive pressure? any regulator rebuild kits available??

Any advice would be gratefully received. Previous owner has had this problem and has asked main dealers several times to sort - but they have not managed it - sounds like a challenge to me!!!

just got round to replacing the 'bomb'.

I thought it was a good place to start, as it was likely to need replacing soon (9 year old car) and it was cheaper than new PAS pump and better than spending more money on diagnosis.

guess what.......no more beep, beep, beep and flashing brake warning light.

previous owner lived with this for nearly 4 years, during which time the PAS pump was diagnosed to be the problem, on 3 occasions, by 2 different main dealers.

dealers - who'd trust 'em???

they obviously don't read forums and miss out on all the real-life product experience out there.

thanks be to the forum!!

Comment

Originally posted by batty

dealers - who'd trust 'em???

they obviously don't read forums and miss out on all the real-life product experience out there.
      Some of us stealers do. You'd be surprised how often I have to look on forums for info that VAG can't provide me.

Ben
      the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
      1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant
        Some of us stealers do. You'd be surprised how often I have to look on forums for info that VAG can't provide me.

Ben
        sorry, S2avant - no offence meant.
        I'm sure you are in the minority, though.
        I guess main dealers don't get involved too much with the problems associated with a car of 8 - 13 years old.
        Just glad mine's sorted now.

Comment

None taken, just pulling your leg

Your a fellow slipper wagon driver so you must be ok

Ben
          the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
          1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Working...
          X