Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koni Top Adjustables

Chaps,

Have been looking for Koni top adjustables for my ABY coupe. Where can I find them and how much?

Looking at running them with standard springs and green top mounts to maintain ride comfort and standard ride height. From what I have read settings are around 2 turns front and 1.5 rear. Thoughts?????????

Cheers

Andy
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Didnt know they did top adjustables??? Only adjusting ones i know of require removal of the shock absorber.
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
      Didnt know they did top adjustables??? Only adjusting ones i know of require removal of the shock absorber.
      The Koni Sports are top adjustable for the front , but you have to remove the rears to adjust.
      Mark Siggelkow

'90 CQ 20vT - NASA GTS-5 (R.I.P.)
      '90 CQ-R - NASA GTS-4/5
      '00 A4 1.8TQMS (Wife's Daily Driver)
      '12 TT-RS (Wife's new DD, on order for May European delivery)
      '62 Porsche 356B (another race car)
      '03 Kawasaki Z1000 (toy)

Comment

audiman that was the old version, the ones they have now can be adjusted on the car front and rear about time koni are slow as hell with upgrades,have you had your car on the rollers jet.

RIX

Comment

not yet. hope to do so soon. I did buy my koni kit about 2.5 years ago, when i first bought the car, about time it changed. Its a PITA to setup the suspension
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I'm using Konis and ABY Springs, i was told 1 turn for the rear is about right, to be honest i wish i left them fully soft as they are a little too firm.

I bought the top adjustable fronts (extra £20 or so), i am currently running them with 1 turn same as the rear.

Note my car is a CQ20v and a little lighter than an S2.

Mark.

Originally posted by Andy_Casey
            Chaps,

Have been looking for Koni top adjustables for my ABY coupe. Where can I find them and how much?

Looking at running them with standard springs and green top mounts to maintain ride comfort and standard ride height. From what I have read settings are around 2 turns front and 1.5 rear. Thoughts?????????

Cheers

Andy
            91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
            93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
            94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Where did anyone get their Konis from and how much were they?

Andy
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Total Audi Performance, prices were for fronts (X-Adju are top adjustable)

Koni Sp. F. 2066 $198 Koni X-Adju. 1262 $214

NOTE: these are for a CQ20v not an S2, they are different!

For me (in Ireland) buying from the US was by far the best exchange rate at the time....

Rear shocks i found on ebay.de for €100. Same as S2.

Mark.

Originally posted by Andy_Casey
                Where did anyone get their Konis from and how much were they?

Andy

Comment

I bought the full Koni kit, springs and shocks. This was one of the very last ones that they made, but i did hear that they are back in production again. It doesnt lower too much (25mm IIRC). I paid 550 quid +VAT for it 2.5 years ago. I run with the fronts on full hard and rears at about half way. I did this as i dont mind firm cars and also the brake upgrade made the front of the car dive a lot more so i wound them up!!
                  sigpic
                  Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                  Audi UR Quattro
                  Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar
                    NOTE: these are for a CQ20v not an S2, they are different!

Mark.
                    Any idea what the differences are please Mark. I assume the fittings are the same but the S2 is a heavier car and may have different valving?

David

Comment

Originally posted by RIX
                      audiman that was the old version, the ones they have now can be adjusted on the car front and rear about time koni are slow as hell with upgrades,have you had your car on the rollers jet.

RIX
                      I am surprised to hear about these new Koni's. I have been informed by my suspension guy that there are no top adjustable's for the S2

Do you have them on your car or is this something you have heard?

Rich

Comment

If anyobdy gets the S2 Coupe Koni part numbers please post so they can go on my santa xmas list!

Comment

I think they are a larger diameter shock. Stress the "think". I have two Koni's at home for an S2 and never though to compaire them side by side. I'll have a look next time i'm digging through the bits in my garage.

On that subject these two front Koni's have seals gone, if they can be re-filled and new seals fitted i am sure they would work fine if anybody wants them.

http://www.koni.com/_cars/_sport/afram.html is the koni part lists, not sure if you can get top adjustables for the S2 by the look of things. "Coupé Quattro 2.3E-20V" is for the CQ20v which has loads of options. You can also download this as a PDF file somewhere on the site.

Mark.

Originally posted by Stick Insect
                          Any idea what the differences are please Mark. I assume the fittings are the same but the S2 is a heavier car and may have different valving?

David

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
                            If anyobdy gets the S2 Coupe Koni part numbers please post so they can go on my santa xmas list!
                            This is what KONI has on it'e corporate website. I suggest that you go there yourself and check. These are the "old" Koni yellows. Until somebody can prove otherwise, they are the only one's I know of.

Front - 86-2086SPD2
                            Rear - 86-2433Sport

I know for a fact that these adjust by pushing the piston rod to the bottom and turning them. This is done from the top so in a sense they are "top adjustable". But you have to use a spring compressor in order to get the rod to bottom. The only thing you adjust is rebound. So they are not double adjustable which means that you can adjust both compression and rebound independantly.

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by 91_S2
                              This is what KONI has on it'e corporate website. I suggest that you go there yourself and check. These are the "old" Koni yellows. Until somebody can prove otherwise, they are the only one's I know of.

Front - 86-2086SPD2
                              Rear - 86-2433Sport

I know for a fact that these adjust by pushing the piston rod to the bottom and turning them. This is done from the top so in a sense they are "top adjustable". But you have to use a spring compressor in order to get the rod to bottom. The only thing you adjust is rebound. So they are not double adjustable which means that you can adjust both compression and rebound independantly.

Rich
                              Yeh it was the same on my old car with Koni's, totally pointless IMHO if you've got to take them off to adjust them.

Comment

Working...
                              X