Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 - 90Q saloon Compatibility

Hi,
    I am looking to sort out the suspension on my 90Q saloon 10v.
    I have been offered some S2 Shocks and want to know if they will fit ?
    Also can anyone tell me if S2 springs will fit my 90Q Dampers ? as this is the other alternative, S2 Springs on new 90Q Bilstiens to maintain standardish ride hieght but stiffen everything up slightly.....

I have got new Blues and ARB Bushes to fit, jus tneed to know what to do re shocks and springs......
    Any help gratefully recieved
    Oh and if anyone has some standard S2 springs they want to sell......

Cheers
    Dom

AUDI 80/90/s2/ ?rs2? will fit ,and interchange parts,BUT you have the breakeparts from the same car,they are different....and some of the hubcarrier........!

Comment

Dunno what cat-man means but,

You can use s2 shocks if you use the struts also. AND you have a MY 90-> car so that strut and hub carrier is not one piece.

S2 front shocks are thicker than 90's so you really need the struts too. Everything is bolt-on, but using S2 springs does not lower your car a bit. Not a single mm. 90q 10v is so much lighter than S2. If you only want a good suspension but no lowering, then the S2 shocks and springs are the way to go in 10v 90. My friend installed a s2 suspension to his 90 10v before the engine swap and the difference was amazing. Handling difference that is.

If your car is pre 90 with integral struts and hub carriers you'll need post 90 hub carriers (from a 10v) too. If you use S2 or 20v carriers you'll need to do the brakes _and_ outer CV joints from 20v too because of the larger wheel bearings in these models.
      -

Comment

And install a rear ARB if you want the car to perform!

It has been in 20v's since MY 90 suspension changes and in 10v as a "sport suspension" factory option.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
          And install a rear ARB if you want the car to perform!

It has been in 20v's since MY 90 suspension changes and in 10v as a "sport suspension" factory option.
          Hi Porkkis, thanks for the replys

I have an `88 10v, so it looks like I will just go for S2 springs on a new set of Bilstiens, rather than swapping everything over?
          I would rather put the money towards a better 20v or S2 next year

Are the rear Struts integral bearing carriers as well on pre 90 cars or could I use rear S2 struts complete ?

It has a R-ARB already though... so I am not sure what that means ?

Thanks again and keep it coming

I`ll get there soon

Cheers
          Dom

Comment

ARB is an anti roll bar. And it should absolutely not have one as no t89 had one before MY 90. The older style rear subframe does not even have the mounts.

Would it be possible for you to take a picture of the rear suspension from the rear angle and post it here?

Rear struts are integrated type too.

Go for the springs and new bilsteins.

Rear ARB would make a really big difference, but it would be quite a big job to get as you would have to change the rear subframe for the newer model too. And weld some ARB link mounts to the struts, but that's no big deal.

For a good suspension you would need newer style struts (s2 or normal t89q), 10v t89q MY 90 onwards hub carriers, rear subframe with ARB mounts, the rear ARB itself from a S2 and make ARB link mounts to rear struts if they're not from a "sport suspension" car.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis

Would it be possible for you to take a picture of the rear suspension from the rear angle and post it here?

Go for the springs and new bilsteins.
              Hi Porkis,
              I will get a photo at the weekend.
              I have now got a set of S2 Springs (Thanks to MartinJS & Spink Cheers guys ) and a new set of F-ARB bushes/ drop links, new Blue Top mounts and will pick up a new set of Bilsteins tomorrow.
              I have one more question though......
              Springs are paint marked

First set: 1xOrange 2XSliver

Second set: 2xOrange 2xBlue 1xSilver

Which are front and which are rear ?

Cheers
              Dom

Comment

Working...
              X