Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Recognize These Koni Springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Recognize These Koni Springs?

I bought them a while back for my CQ, but have decided to go the DIY coilover route. I haven't had much luck in confirming they are in fact for a B3 coupe.

Rears

Fronts

Thanks
    Brent
    2001 A4 Avant QMS - FXK04'd
    1991 Audi CQ - Project
    1996 A4 12v Quattro Manual - SOLD

They look diff from the ones i have, the coils look more spread and i don,t know what car mine are from but yours look ok. Koni stopped making them for the coupe 4 yrs ago but have now started again Koni 1020 springkits, they are called.

Comment

They look about right and are proper progressive springs, looks more like an S2 kit but it's hard to say just from a photo. Nice condition as well.

I'd fit them and see what the hight/ride is like.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

They don't have the same numbers as my 3B Koni springs.
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Old topic found on google lol, because the pics are dead i cannot see correctly,
          i have bought some weeks ago 4x S2 struts with Koni spring 2220-1226. Does someone know how many centimeters it lowered the car please ? thanks ;-)
          jambes de force S2.jpg
          sigpic

Comment

For what it matters, those aren’t the same numbers as on the the ones I had. Can’t answer your question because I never installed the springs and sold them.
            2001 A4 Avant QMS - FXK04'd
            1991 Audi CQ - Project
            1996 A4 12v Quattro Manual - SOLD

Comment

anyway thanks for keep me updating :-)
              sigpic

Comment

I used to drive with the same sping set and Koni sports. Lowering is 35mm all around and they where originaly made for type89q, 20v quattro but not for S2.
                When you compare them to brand new set from H&R then my Koni ones where toasted... I spoke to Koni couple of years ago and recived documentation from them. Anyways under heavy load(full 2.2 20vt with wagner ic ect) they were rubish.

PDF info:https://files.fm/f/we6n8s74

1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
                *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
                1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

Working...
                X