Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powers steering/brakes alternative to G2000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powers steering/brakes alternative to G2000?

Well once agin I got a leak on my PS/PS system! The git that designed this infernal piece of garbage should have been shot!!
    Anybody have a successful mod to this crapola system? I'm tired of refilling my mineral oil bottle and watching it show-up my garage floor every 6 months.

Originally posted by panzerwagen
    Well once agin I got a leak on my PS/PS system! The git that designed this infernal piece of garbage should have been shot!!
    Anybody have a successful mod to this crapola system? I'm tired of refilling my mineral oil bottle and watching it show-up my garage floor every 6 months.
    do you use mineraloil on theese YOU HAVE TO USE THE ORG "g02000" or you will have the leakes

Comment

[QUOTE=caterpillar]do you use mineraloil on theese

Caterpillar dude! What do you think the OEM stuff is? It's a form of mineral oil!
      I have use Pentosin since the car was new. Bilstein Fibi I've heard is also permissible but some have said it isn't as good as Pentosin.

Comment

wait till S2Central reads this!...............

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
          wait till S2Central reads this!...............
          Why? It's in their own site! As follows>
          Important Note - The ONLY hydraulic fluid which should be used in the S2, is Audi's G002000 - a green coloured mineral based oil. Use of anything else can cause major damage to the hydraulic system. <

Comment

Hi

I got a p/s pump fitted from audi 100, old shape. As my mate reconditioning them and working with all other hidraulic stuff, he told me that this one is most relaible.

As well I left origina brakes servo from audi 80, not the one that comes with S2.

Comment

Why? It's in their own site! As follows>
              Important Note - The ONLY hydraulic fluid which should be used in the S2, is Audi's G002000 - a green coloured mineral based oil. Use of anything else can cause major damage to the hydraulic system. <
              I'm saying he'll have something to say about that from an experience point of view fewl or are you just looking for an arguement?

Comment

No arguement at all. I was hoping for someone to agree!!

Jamo, you'd be surprised how vast the failures on this claptrap system is here in the States!!
                Of course you have the ususal bunch of arses who put POWER STEERING FLUID into their systems. But then there are hardcore guys like me who are religious about maintenance and it does not do any good when it comes to the PS system.

Comment

Working...
                X