Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilstein B8 bad noise...

hy
    well I put brand new bilstein B8 front shock absorber on urS6.
    and they make bad noise like squeaking.
    do you have some experience with this? did I make something wrong?
    please help me, because that noise are to horrible when you drive the car.

Bilstein's is inserted type.you have to make sure they sit tight when you fit them into the struts.
    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

of course I handle with care when I put them in car, and they sit on place like it have to be !

here is that bad sound.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrNSb...ature=youtu.be

Comment

My frind I have bilstein B8 in my urs4 and I drive it last two years, and I didnt have any trouble with them. Do you check the springs conditions? Maybe thay are the reason for the noise.
        Audi URS4 1992. 2.2L 169kw
        www.audiclubserbia.com

Comment

my friend.. I'm desperate! first time in my life I don't know what else can make that ugly noise.
          I take off spring,shock absorber maybe 12 times, and can't find where exactly noise come.
          without shock absorber noise don't exist.
          and I don't want to confess to my self that shock absorber is a problem , because they are NEW, 3 days old.

Comment

What strut mount do you have?it's sound like when the spherical bearing on my 2bennett camber plates are shot.have you tried to take them off and pushed down the shock abs outside the car?is the sound coming out only one side or both?
            one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by popdemonic View Post
              What strut mount do you have?it's sound like when the spherical bearing on my 2bennett camber plates are shot.have you tried to take them off and pushed down the shock abs outside the car?is the sound coming out only one side or both?
              yes..
              that is only part which I didn't change! and that could be end of my problem.
              tomorow I will find out!
              thanks for help.
              and yes on both side is that ugly noise !

Comment

well today I try to change this upper shock absorber holder , and noting happened, same problem.
                than try to change spring with other one. and of course , bad noise gone.
                spring was a problem. but how that could happened in same time when I change shock absorber, I didn't move spring from the car, just change shock.
                it's very weird to me! or bad luck ! don't now !

Comment

Working...
                X