Wheel bearing choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel bearing choices

Time for me to do the rear bearings on the avant, I gather it is 82mm but rather than oem I was wondering if anyone knew of some higher quality bearings that I may be able to get?

I went through 2 sets of fronts in the last 4 years and this is the first rear as far as I remember.

eemotorspares on eBay, it's our lass's dads shop. I got one the other month for mine
    Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee M View Post
      eemotorspares on eBay, it's our lass's dads shop. I got one the other month for mine
      Linky for forum mates rates ??
      Audi S2 Coupe 1995
      VW Passat GL5 (hatch) 1986
      VW Passat GL 1.8 (saloon) 1986
      Carrera Subway 8

Comment

its nothing wrong with the bearings; its the grease inside; its nothing or very little grease inside.. open the bearing seal very carfully; and have some of the MOBIL xhp222 grease; and click the seal nicely together... then mont the bearing nicely in the hub..
        do not press in the innerring; but in the outer ring; then you does press the senter in you need to have some of backing in the senter... if not you does make a acsess mark in the bearing; and the bearing will last only 6mnd...

Comment

Your search returned 0 items.
          0 Shops found with eemotorspares in Shop Name.

Comment

Originally posted by caterpillar View Post
            its nothing wrong with the bearings; its the grease inside; its nothing or very little grease inside.. open the bearing seal very carfully; and have some of the MOBIL xhp222 grease; and click the seal nicely together... then mont the bearing nicely in the hub..
            do not press in the innerring; but in the outer ring; then you does press the senter in you need to have some of backing in the senter... if not you does make a acsess mark in the bearing; and the bearing will last only 6mnd...
            I will look for some of this grease, thanks for the tip

Comment

the MOBIL may have other name in foreign ****ry... the colour in the grease are clear blue...lition base....

Comment

Originally posted by bernsaudi View Post
                Time for me to do the rear bearings on the avant, I gather it is 82mm but rather than oem I was wondering if anyone knew of some higher quality bearings that I may be able to get?

I went through 2 sets of fronts in the last 4 years and this is the first rear as far as I remember.

You wont get better quality that the genuine Audi part, just make sure it is fitted correctly though
                S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

If you try 4a0498625, its the front kit for an A4 but carries the same bearing in it....and its 50% or so less than the S2 rear bearing on its own!

try TPS as I got my bearing from them

Comment

It's eemotorspares but I think if you search it and not just in shop section? It's there as its saved as a saved search on my eBay?

Comment

Try this number 160716397120 in your search on eBay and it will fetch up eemotorspares and the S2 avant rear wheel bearing I know it right cause I had them put it on when I had them get me one.

Hope this helps?

Comment

On the Avant the front and rear bearings are the same,I bought all 4 from Pete Reeve @ Quattrocorner

Comment

Working...
                        X