Top mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget6970 View Post
    Hi mate , did your top mounts fit ok .I,ve just purchased the top mounts from ebay that you bought .The part number 857412355a doesnt match up with the ones that would normaly fit the s2 857412323b or 8A0412323d .Im struggling to trace the part number + were your mounts black with a blue top and not blue allover as in the photo.A vag supplier i rang today could not trace the part number.
    When I got them they are black with a bit of blue not the same pic in the listing have not fitted them yet. Think I will get some solid ones instead. Waiting to see what bambridge comes up with.

Comment

Hi. Did you get anywhere with Mance? I desperately want some top mounts, I'm not after solid as our roads are so bad, I value my teeth!
      Originally posted by LGK6D View Post
      Could you PM me the email address you used, I've been trying to get hold of him for over 6 months
      ATB

RAOUL

Comment

If you search u will find that Mance has stopped making them. He is said to have had health problems so they are obsolete

Comment

Does anybody else make them? I don't want solid top mounts as the roads round our way are shocking!!
          ATB

RAOUL

Comment

Cant find the rear and front top mounts... Everywhere I go, I got these sachs which is in the right and looks higher than which one was fitted before on the left. As I looked front and rears goes on the same part numbers... Sachs top mount is by original part number 8a0412323d. Where to get lower top mounts?

Are these sahcs mounts really for s2?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ACQ; 20 April 2016, 08:48.

Comment

The originals get compressed when in use so probably OK, talk yo Danny at DNA he's on here

Comment

Originally posted by ACQ View Post
                Cant find the rear and front top mounts... Everywhere I go, I got these sachs which is in the right and looks higher than which one was fitted before on the left. As I looked front and rears goes on the same part numbers... Sachs top mount is by original part number 8a0412323d. Where to get lower top mounts?

Are these sahcs mounts really for s2?
                That looks like the correct top mount, like Rikki says they just get squashed over time.

You'll probably notice the handling is a bit better with the new top mounts!

Comment

Hi ACQ,

a) Yes there are mounts of several different heights/strengths/durometers, but I would encourage you to not shop for mounts with a particular height in mind, as that is not a reliable indicator.

b) I believe the mount you have received is, despite what the box may say; a mount for a VW. I believe its' true part number may be:

811 412 323 D

It is too tall. Yes, it will collapse, but more quickly than the latest version for our cars as it is softer/weaker and was designed for a lighter car. What number is molded into it?

c) To the best of my knowledge, the most recent version (and the strongest) genuine OEM mount you can get for your S2 is also OEM for any 2.8 V6 B4 made by Boge (or Sachs) with the number:

8AO 412 355 A

The above number is what is molded into the rubber along with Audi's 4 rings, BOGE & GERMANY; and it is the number I give to the dealer when ordering, however when received it comes in a bag labelled:

8AO 412 323 D

d) For illustrative purposes only, attached is a photo of 2 Lemforder mounts, one similar to yours; and one labelled with the above previously correct but older part number for our cars.

e) The reasons we should want the Boge 8AO 412 355 A mount above all others is as follows:
                  i) this is the latest version built for the heaviest cars;
                  ii) Mance (Mr. Pro-mount) tested a multitude of mounts to destruction and found this one to be superior; &
                  iii) because of the bother to replace them, superceded/cheaper/weaker/softer/taller is for our cars always going to be a poorer performer and therefore more likely false economy.

Hope this helps.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X