No announcement yet.

Deformed topmounts.....Blue ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quattroturbo, who do you work for?? Whats the name of the company??
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I work for my own company and we are not in the UK or Europe. I like the anonymity of this. Will continue to contribute if I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
        My Avant is by no means a race car, retains its leather interior/creature comforts and is very much still a road car. I have resisted ripping too much out and installing a fully integrated semi-spaceframe (to pick up on all chassis hard points). I am sure that time will come eventually but maybe on another beast. My Avant just serves as a useful test bed to evaluate hardware and their limitations.
        I'll testify to the way the brakes work. And the car looks great inside with its coffee stained interior!
        Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

My stock ones collapsed after a week!!

Will the alloy ones put more pressure on the subframe?
          ABY Coupe
          sigpic

Comment

It's the strut towers that suffer the most. It is recommended that strengthening bars are placed forward of these (as in the rally quattros) and to the side (a hefty strut-brace like the ones in the later Audi Cabrio - the type that covers the strut top).

Comment

Originally posted by quattroTurbo
              It's the strut towers that suffer the most. It is recommended that strengthening bars are placed forward of these (as in the rally quattros) and to the side (a hefty strut-brace like the ones in the later Audi Cabrio - the type that covers the strut top).
              picture of that

Comment

Not sure how to post pictures here. But have a look at any Audi quattro A1 and A2 rally cars' engine bay to give you an idea.

Comment

Working...
                X