Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Droop in the front sway bar

Hi,
    Anyone have an idea why the front sway bar has the 90% droop downward at the link end of the sway bar? Is this for allowing the drop link to have enough length to allow for the twist of the strut?

I am assuming this is the reason for the droop. Any shorter would place too much stress on the link? I was thinking of having a larger front bar made and wanted to eliminate this droop. But after thinking along these lines, I may have to include the droop. Any ideas?

Greg
    They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

yo

Originally posted by 90quattrocoupe
    Hi,
    Anyone have an idea why the front sway bar has the 90% droop downward at the link end of the sway bar? Is this for allowing the drop link to have enough length to allow for the twist of the strut?

I am assuming this is the reason for the droop. Any shorter would place too much stress on the link? I was thinking of having a larger front bar made and wanted to eliminate this droop. But after thinking along these lines, I may have to include the droop. Any ideas?

Greg
    hi i think its to give clearance for the driveshaft...tim

Comment

also to allow a bearing with enough angle for you to turn lock-to-lock
      Joe "NoNonsense"
      axis motorsport
      joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Working...
      X